St. John Ferry to Nova Scotia

cantgetaname

Hope I'm posting this is the right spot.   I'm travelling from St. John New Brunswick to Digby Nova Scotia by ferry.   One way without a car.    When we arrive by air we'll be staying at a hotel hopefully near the port.   We do not have a car and will be relying on taxi's/uber.  One of us is elderly and has mobility issues.   We want to arrive and stay overnight and then make our way to ferry by taxi.   This will be at the end of November hopefully.   Does anyone know of a good hotel near the port not too far.  We've never been on the ferry and will be our first time.

22 hours ago, cantgetaname said:

Does anyone know of a good hotel near the port not too far.

To be certain as to your inquiry, I think you're asking about a hotel in Saint John, where you might spend the night after arriving by airplane, and preceding embarkation on the Bay Ferries vessel, Fundy Rose (departing daily at 9:00 a.m.).

There are many hotels in Saint John, though not many in West Saint John from the vessel departs. You might consider Cosy Cottage Inn, http://www.savageyogainc.com/cosycottageinn, located about 1 km from the Bay Ferries passenger terminal. Being a small inn, you might even be offered a ride there in the morning.

Also, keep in mind that the passenger terminal at Digby is not in the city centre, but is 5 km beyond. Be certain you will have transportation available upon arrival in Digby.

I recommend the Holiday Inn Express Saint John Harbour Side.  Unfortunately, you probably won't find much in West Saint John 'near' the ferry terminal.  Pretty much any solution to your travel will involve taxis... you just might want to minimize their use as best you can while choosing a place with relatively quick access to the terminal to catch the ferry.

• Like 1

There is the Harbour Bridge Bus from Uptown to near the Ferry Terminal, it is about a 650m walk with the first 200m all downhill then flat. It should be about $15 if taking a taxi.