St Malo visit to Mt St Michel, France

jms

We are looking for a private driver to pick 4 of us up at the tender port in St Malo and do the one hour drive to Mt St Michel just to take some photos (too strenuous walking for our age group) and return to St Malo for a brief tour there. I can't seem to find anything close to this without spending the.day at the Abbey at Mt St Michel. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I don't know whether I've mis-understood your post, but by booking a private taxi you can choose to stay at  MSM for only a short while if that's what you want.

I can understand your reluctance to consider going up, age is catching up with me too - it's pretty steep right from the start. Altho you'll miss out seeing it properly, it's only 45 minutes from St Malo.

But nowadays you have to walk about a mile or take the shuttlebus from the parking lot to MSM, so that'd certainly mean spending about half an hour there.

https://goo.gl/maps/4xeVepVj2Y6n1fCJ9

This google streetview is from the parking area - spin the camera to see a shuttlebus and the coach / car parking lot.

Rather than googling for tours, try googling "St Malo taxi", there's a good selection.

Hopefully your PC or tablet has a translate facility top right, the taxi websites have either an e-mail address or an enquiry form. Most taxi operators in St Malo will have folk with a decent grasp of English.

The centre of St Malo is quite compact and pedestrian-friendly - doesn't really need a tour.

JB 🙂

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 1:44 PM, jms said:

We are looking for a private driver to pick 4 of us up at the tender port in St Malo and do the one hour drive to Mt St Michel just to take some photos (too strenuous walking for our age group) and return to St Malo for a brief tour there. I can't seem to find anything close to this without spending the.day at the Abbey at Mt St Michel. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi There.  I'm wondering how you made out with your St. Malo port visit to Mt St Michel.  We are thinking of either hiring a taxi or renting a car.  We are there in May of 2023.