Turbulent times... what will HAL & Carnival Corp bonuses be this year!!!!

RICHARD@SEA

42 minutes ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

With all that has transpired in the last couple of years...hard times for all - will there be hard times for the executives of HAL & Carnival Corp????

What do you think???

If any President needs a bonus, it would be Gus Antorcha. We just encountered him on our recent cruise. He is visiting all the ships for several days. He was dealt a bad hand when Orlando abruptly left when COVID disrupted the cruise lines. He is working hard to turn things around. But this isn’t going to happen overnight. Most of the HAL ships have not been  sailing for two years. And the ships that were only idle for 1.5 years were sailing with only 50% passengers. It is really going to take time to get back to what HAL was before. After all it had only been recently that the ships are at almost 100% capacity. 

I don’t work from HAL. I am just a HAL cruiser who loves the HAL crew. The crew always make my cruise. My comments about the HAL President is from what I observed. He was onboard from SF to SD, 3 nights and 3 days. He ate in the crew mess with the crew. That was told to me by two of the awesome Maitre D’s onboard in Lido and DR. Since I was a Children’s Librarian, I asked about libraries onboard the Vista and two Pinnacle Class that don’t have the nice new library similar to the Rotterdam. Also, I was interested in longer itineraries with more variety of ports. He did mention that COVID is still making it difficult to visit certain areas as they want to test everyone onboard which isn’t feasible  in a short day visit. But he trying to bring back some of the cruises that HAL is known for (roundtrip US).

Edited by Storylady
  • Like 4

I dont think we need to worry about bonuses based on what they have received during the past years in stocks, salary and bonuses. The Benchmarks for bonuses are usually not high or outrageous but based on realistic goals under current conditions. If those are met, bonuses are paid. I don't think they are expecting profit or unobtainable production during these restricted times. I'd be more curious to know what percentage of HAL passengers are the same that sailed 5 years ago as opposed to those that are new in the past 2 years. The benchmark might be gaining new passengers, short sailing increase on Pinnacle ships in core itineraries (Alaska, Caribbean, etc) until the other markets open up.