Any favorite foods you like in the Buffet?

pris993

On 11/15/2022 at 3:26 PM, jeromep said:

On the Royal class ships the buffet area is many times larger than on the Grand class variants.  I think what I enjoy most on the Royals is the dedicated pastry shop or bakery.  There is a bit of a rebranding going on from the older Royals compared to the Royals from the Sky onward.  The Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro are being rebranded into the Worldfresh Marketplace.  Not sure I see too much of a difference in the food, but decor is better with the newer branding.

As for food, you'll generally find that whatever is on the menu in the MDR for that evening will be replicated for the buffet, if it can, as not all MDR dishes translate well to chafing dishes and warming zones.  And then you'll find lots of other variety.  A couple of different meat preparations, vegetables, different starches, sauces, salad bar, soups, it is too extensive to really list.  There is usually a theme each night that is in conjunction with the MDR, or possibly in addition to the MDR offerings.  I like just about all of Princess's pasta preparations and actively look forward to them.

I wouldn't avoid the MDR on account of your husband.  If you let the maitre'd know of your dining needs for your husband, they will be able to put whatever food he wants up ever night, and then you can have both table service and get a plated dinner form the regular menu.  We cruised with a very picky 22 month old who would only eat chicken strips and fries and maybe some diced fruit.  The dining room put up whatever we thought she would eat, and it was always off menu, so don't be afraid to do the same for your husband.

Thanks for all your helpful information.  Agree staff in MDR are fantastic, they will do whatever it takes.  I am avoiding the MDR not because of staff but because my dh can be disruptive, and I don't want to spoil the atmosphere for others.