Princess stopping all laundry self serve and otherwise on Majestic Princess

marie94949

Thank you so much.  My husband and I are doing a 13 day cruise on Majestic starting 8th December so am hoping covid may settle down again by then.  This will be our first cruise post covid with covid mandatory restrictions and are hoping the restrictions won't spoil the overall experience.   What is the mask situation?  I assume you don't have to wear a mask when sitting dining or sitting enjoying a drink listening to live music at night?

This will be our first time on Majestic Princess and first time as Elite guests so need advice on free laundry.  How many days does it normally take to have your laundry returned to you? Is it very wrinkled or nicely folded?  From what I am reading here it sounds like there is normally somewhere on the ship where you can do some ironing if you need to.

Any advice you can give us about the ship itself or the current on-board restrictions will be greatly appreciated. 

9 hours ago, korky1 said:

Thank you so much.  My husband and I are doing a 13 day cruise on Majestic starting 8th December so am hoping covid may settle down again by then.  This will be our first cruise post covid with covid mandatory restrictions and are hoping the restrictions won't spoil the overall experience.   What is the mask situation?  I assume you don't have to wear a mask when sitting dining or sitting enjoying a drink listening to live music at night?

This will be our first time on Majestic Princess and first time as Elite guests so need advice on free laundry.  How many days does it normally take to have your laundry returned to you? Is it very wrinkled or nicely folded?  From what I am reading here it sounds like there is normally somewhere on the ship where you can do some ironing if you need to.

Any advice you can give us about the ship itself or the current on-board restrictions will be greatly appreciated. 

If we have to use the laundry service, here is their current prices for wash and press: 

Shirts/Blouses  $3.50

Formal Shirts/Blouses  $4.25

Colour/white T shirts  $2.75

Trousers/Jeans/Pants/Slacks  $4.50

Undershirts  $1.50

Undershorts/Panties  $1.25

Slips/Petticoat  $2.25

Brassieres  $1.75

Handkerchiefs  $1.00

Socks  $1.25

Nightgowns/Pajamas  $3.75

Dry cleaning costs are: 

Evening Dresses  $11.50

Dresses  $9.50

Suit 2 Pieces  $10.00

Jackets  $5.50

Trousers/Pants/Slacks  $5.00

Skirts  $5.00

Coats  $8.25

Shirts/Blouses  $4.00

Sweaters  $5.00

Polo/Golf Shirts  $3.50

Shorts  $3.75

Vests/Waistcoats  $2.75

Ties  $2.75

Hope that helps. Allow a 24 hour turn around time.

Be prepared for self laundry services to be closed. We are going for 26 days starting on 8 December 2022 out of Sydney and figure our laundry bill will be about AUD$100.

11 hours ago, korky1 said:

How many days does it normally take to have your laundry returned to you? Is it very wrinkled or nicely folded?  From what I am reading here it sounds like there is normally somewhere on the ship where you can do some ironing if you need to.

most sailings on most ships, unless it’s insanely rich with elite passengers, complimentary laundry left for your steward in the morning will be returned the next day before dinner.   Rarely, it will be the day after that.  Even rarer, it can be the same day.  

If it can be returned on a hanger, it will be, pressed or steam-finished as appropriate.  I honestly think they do a better job than my local cleaners.  They’ve even managed to get the “bacon collar” out of a couple of polo shirts I’d written off as hopeless.   I do not know how smalls other than socks come back - the socks have been pinned together and draped over the bar of the hanger, however.   Nothing (and I mean *nothing*, in 30ish sailings since we started getting free laundry and a few before that, where I just didn’t want to be bothered with quotidian tasks on vacation) has ever needed to be so much as threatened with an iron upon return.