VIFP- Linked back to back

MsRuth12

Question: We have a linked back to back coming up. We will change our VIFP status to platinum during the second leg of the cruise. I was curious if because the two cruises are linked that our platinum status will also be for the first cruise? 

I don't think the 'linking' makes any difference.  They 'may' classify you as Plat on Cruise #1 and I've heard anecdotal stories to that affect but I don't think it's guaranteed in any way.  For sure you'll be Plat on the second leg. You'll know as you sign in prior to your first cruise.  Certainly give 16 days prior a shot.  You'll have your answer then.  Have fun!

Although I agree there's no guarantee, yours was my exact situation when I was turning Platinum.  I researched so much on these boards because I had heard different stories of how it's handled.  FWIW:  I was awarded Platinum status from Day 1 of Leg 1.  And I do think it had to do with linking the two cruises as an "official" B2B.  Because I was unsure what my VIFP status would be for Leg 1, I bought FTTF for that cruise months before sailing.  But upon online check-in, my boarding passes and luggage tags all showed "Platinum" for both cruises (not that I would be using the luggage tags for Leg 2😁).  I think this is a nice, generous little thing Carnival does for those of us in this not-so-frequent situation.  Technically, I wouldn't be Platinum until Day 2 of Leg 2, so they didn't owe me the Platinum status for any of Leg 1.  I appreciate that they gave it to me and I was able to get a refund on my FTTF purchase.  I wish you the same luck.

• Like 1

I just took a B2B on the Horizon a few weeks ago where my 2nd leg I was turning Diamond and had cruises properly linked together ahead of time.

While my luggage tags and boarding pass for the 1st cruise listed "Diamond" my sail and sign cards for both cruises listed me as "Platinum" - I did ask Guest Services during my 2nd cruise if I could exchange for my "official" white card and they had no issues completing this request. 

Edited by BabyJacks17
  • Like 2