HA policy change regarding bringing wine onboard

micruz

Just booked a December cruise on Rotterdam leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. Reading my cruise documents, I discovered they’ve changed their policy regarding bringing wine onboard. Used to be able to bring two bottles on embarkation day to be consumed in cabin. Now says $20 corkage fee applies no matter where you drink it. Has anyone seen this enforced?

Yes.

On all our recent cruises they screened luggage at embarkation for alcohol. Out of curiosity I asked one of the crew what happens if they find alcohol, here is his answer: 

- Wine; you can agree to pay the corkage, or they will hold it to you disembark.

- Hard Alcohol is held till you disembark.

On the plus side we found they waived the fee for wine purchased on excursions that stopped at wineries.

Not sure if I have told this.  On an afternoon flight to ft lauderdale i ordered wine with lunch. Shortly after the flight attendant came and apologized for charging me and gave me an aluminum bottle of wine. At the pre boarding desk I admitted I had wine and it was tagged to be returned at the end of cruise. I was asked how large the bottle was and I said about 1/2 glass lol. Only in my cabin a short time and knock knock and apologized for taking it and it was returned.  Best jugalug ever lol.