App issues?

singerdon

So, it seems a consistent complaint is that the app crashes a lot.

I was wondering if there was any pattern to it in terms of brand/age of phone, operating system, etc. 

Also, if anybody has had a 'good', stable experience with the app (and/or wifi) would you mind just posting what kind of phone you have, how old it is, and if it's android vs iphone operating system (and what version).

Singerdon from Milwaukee

Anecdotally, my wife's iPhone 12 mini worked better than my Pixel 6a. I found I had to force restart the app quite a bit. We did two 7 day voyages back-to-back and I reinstalled the app completely around day 10 and it worked noticably better after that. The big red table on deck 7 can help out if you have issues. They recommended disabling VPN and some other settings for a more reliable experience. 

if you're running a lot of other ram-intensive apps, it'll probably crash.  my husband has an iphone 12 mini with i'm sure a wildly-out-of-date OS and it works fine, as long as he's not running FB, instagram, reddit, games, a million browser tabs, etc.  if it's buggy, close out of all those big boys and reopen the app.  i have a 13 pro and only ran into that issue once or twice on 10 nights of back to back.

re: wifi settings, it works best if your phone is in airplane mode because the meat of the app needs to be connected to the ship wifi to function.  not super intuitive while you're sitting in domestic waters at the port, but as soon as we tried that, we didn't have connectivity issues.  the other thing is that iphones (i think newer-ish OS) have a private wifi setting - wifi > select the network > click the little info "i" next to it, then untoggle the private wifi address option.  if you're still having issues, there are IT resources either on 7 or 5 depending on the day that can usually fix whatever issues you're having in like 30 seconds.

• Thanks 1

There were times that the crew couldn't do their jobs on the app--things like being unable to take orders in The Galley on their phones.  I have an iphone 11, daughter has a 13 both updated before cruise to current iOS.  Mine worked better than hers, but my guess is that was because I shut off everything else while she sometimes had other things running.  We didn't have decent enough internet to try to run other things!