NCL Road to Hana Tour - Photo Stops?

frisbeewife

We'll be in Maui in January on NCL's Pride of America and were considering their Road to Hana Tour.  Does anybody know if the tour stops in various places for taking pictures?

Yes, I know we could rent a car and drive ourselves.  But we don't want to mess with the hassle of getting to the rental car and dealing with traffic and road construction.  And I know we could get a private tour but those seem to be as expensive as the NCL tour.  I may still end up doing one of those options but for now I'm just looking for info on NCL's tour.  Thanks!

34 minutes ago, frisbeewife said:

We'll be in Maui in January on NCL's Pride of America and were considering their Road to Hana Tour.  Does anybody know if the tour stops in various places for taking pictures?

It will depend on the specific vendor NCL uses but from the looks of it they use Roberts. Yes, the van/mini busses to make several planned stops and I've seen them over the years also pull to the side when able to take pictures. Keep in mind there are places that these larger van busses just cant stop because of limited space that a rental car can. 

37 minutes ago, frisbeewife said:

Yes, I know we could rent a car and drive ourselves.  But we don't want to mess with the hassle of getting to the rental car and dealing with traffic and road construction.

I get it but the experience of driving yourself is vastly superior than an organized tour in nearly every way on this drive. You'll see more when you're in transit (can you imagine being on the right hand side of the bus the whole time on the way out and not getting great views?), have the ability to make additional stops that you choose, and it will take a little less time overall on your own. 

40 minutes ago, frisbeewife said:

And I know we could get a private tour but those seem to be as expensive as the NCL tour.

Makes even less sense to be honest-- more expensive and still a lot of the same limitations/disadvantages of the group tour.