Seabourn Amazon experience

Budget traveller

This is the first season that Seabourn is able to offer this route.  Before introducing the Venture, SB ships couldn't go upriver past Manaus.  

Having been on a recent Venture cruise (Iceland & Greenland), I'd expect the Venture to offer similar experiences on the Amazon: frequent kayaking and zodiac opportunities; lectures by onboard naturalists and other experts; naturalists pointing out animals and vegetation of interest throughout the cruise; shoreside excursions (hiking, guided walks and such) where feasible.

On our Venture cruise, there were shore excursions planned for most days, but the expedition team adjusted activities depending on weather/ice conditions. On our cruise, rides in the ship's submersibles were offered, but I don't know what the underwater visibility would be on the Amazon. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC Traveler244 said:

This is the first season that Seabourn is able to offer this route.  Before introducing the Venture, SB ships couldn't go upriver past Manaus.  

Having been on a recent Venture cruise (Iceland & Greenland), I'd expect the Venture to offer similar experiences on the Amazon: frequent kayaking and zodiac opportunities; lectures by onboard naturalists and other experts; naturalists pointing out animals and vegetation of interest throughout the cruise; shoreside excursions (hiking, guided walks and such) where feasible.

On our Venture cruise, there were shore excursions planned for most days, but the expedition team adjusted activities depending on weather/ice conditions. On our cruise, rides in the ship's submersibles were offered, but I don't know what the underwater visibility would be on the Amazon. 

Hope this helps.

I've been on the Antarctic cruise with Seabourn and I loved the Zodiac excursions.i was just wondering what you would see on this. 

We traveled this portion of the Amazon in 2013 on SeaDream II. We enjoyed our opportunities to interact with the locals and take zodiac trips up side rivers. We have posted our videos of this part of the trip on YouTube. This may give you a sense of what we experienced.  I'd recommend it. It ranks in the top 5 trips we've taken.

and

• Thanks 1