Phone SIM card for New Zealand and Australia

Torquer

We travel often to Europe and before I go, I buy a European SIM card for my phone from Amazon or some other online retailer.Ā  There are numerous inexpensive options.Ā  I like to do it this way so I don't have to waste time when I arrive to buy a SIM at my destination.Ā 

Ā 

We are about to take our first cruise that starts in New Zealand and ends in Sydney.Ā  A search shows very few choices available online that can be bought in the USA before we leave.Ā  The best one that I see is a UK Three card that they claim works in NZ and AU;Ā  I have used this company many times in Europe but it seems weird to use a card based in the UK, half way around the world.Ā  Does anyone have a suggestion for a SIM card?Ā  If not, is there a phone card shop at the Auckland airport to buy one when I arrive?Ā  I need a few GB of data plus some small amount of minutes for emergency calls (like in case we are late to return to the ship).

Ā 

My phone is unlocked and supports GSM although is on the Verizon LTE network in the US.Ā Ā