Royal Up Question

teddie

Hello,

I placed 3 Royal Up suite bids last week, but as of today, only one of the bids can be modified.  Can someone explain why this is so?  Interestingly, my 2/4/2023 Anthem cruise shows all suites are sold out, but I am sure RCI wants to hedge their bets to fill their cabins.

Thanks, 

Teddie

4 hours ago, teddie said:

Can someone explain why this is so? 

RCI IT and Plusgrade likes to keep you in suspense. Seriously, don’t read anything into the status of your bids - only look for a charge on your card and a message for a new cabin assignment. But more likely, a denial email the night you sail away. If you really want to modify/cancel something that can’t be done online, you need to call. 

Edited by Biker19

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI IT and Plusgrade likes to keep you in suspense. Seriously, don’t read anything into the status of your bids - only look for a charge on your card and a message for a new cabin assignment. But more likely, a denial email the night you sail away. If you really want to modify/cancel something that can’t be done online, you need to call. 

Thank you; I appreciate that advice. If I actually do get an upgrade, I will likely be incapacitated with shock LOL.

I've had really good luck this year with Royal Ups. For the cruise we went on in March on Freedom, I found out our bid was accepted 4 days before sailing. For our cruise in May on Oasis, we found out just under a week before sailing. 

We sail on Liberty next Monday and I haven't heard anything yet regarding our bids... hoping we get something..

• Like 1

We are on Liberty back to back this Friday and Monday. Nothing yet on either. I am not expecting to hear anything until right up until the day of the cruise maybe the day before. I figure with the black Friday and cyber Monday sales, Royal Caribbean will wait to see if any more cruises are booked before doing any upgrades.

Edited by Pomc99
  • Like 2