Cost to upgrade Bev from Classic to Premium

Wineaux007

I've been reading that the cost to upgrade has increased from $10 per day to $15 + Grats.  I'm going on an 11-night sailing so I called the Captain's Club to price an upgrade using the Elite + discount.  Normally I would upgrade once I got on board with my sommelier or favorite bartender, but I went ahead and checked prior.

I'm not sure how they did the math, but with the E+ discount, it came out o $131.89 + $23.65 Grats = $155.54.  If I waited until I got on board, it would have cost $165 + Grats which I believe came out to 18%.

So, if you plan to upgrade, check out prices ahead of time to save a considerable amount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I second Wineaux007 suggestion to upgrade Beverage package from Classic to Premium before your cruise.

If you are a Captain's Club member your pre-cruise discount will be either 10% or 15% depending on your level.

Of course you may also want to wait until you are onboard and decide after a couple of days if it would be worth it to upgrade, Martini Bar anyone?

39 minutes ago, boxkite said:

I second Wineaux007 suggestion to upgrade Beverage package from Classic to Premium before your cruise.

If you are a Captain's Club member your pre-cruise discount will be either 10% or 15% depending on your level.

Of course you may also want to wait until you are onboard and decide after a couple of days if it would be worth it to upgrade, Martini Bar anyone?

In the past, I would upgrade with my sommelier who would slip me some more expensive wines here and there.  I found in the Martini Bar if you slip them a $5er and they get to know you, it works out great.  For example, on one sailing I had the Premium, and my wife the Classic.  I was drinking beer, and my wife was getting the premium pours/martinis.  

I can only remember one sailing where I got a 35% discount upgrading when on board.  Normally it was at the going rate.

Yes, the difference between upgrading before and onboard is your CC discount. It is always nice to save that little extra.

In the past, there have been some nice discounts at embarkation, but I think those are long gone now. I was holding out for  nice Black Friday sale which never materialized. Bummer!

When I log in to the Celebrity website cruise planner, I didn't see an option for a a drink package upgrade (My cruise included Classic Drink package.)   I called them and got the them to add it and they discounted the package based on my Captains Club tier.  (10%).

Just wanted to pass this along.

No additional discount for me :(.

15*8*1.18*.9 = $127.44 for an 8 day cruise.

Edited by FLCruiser9316