DIY instead of "Tabyana Beach Break" in Roatan?

Hi all, on the Allure 12/23-12/30 (in a few weeks).  Our third day has a port at Roatan, one of my favorite destinations.  Last time we paid for the "Tabyana Beach Break" excursion and loved it.  This time we're wondering how hard it is to just reserve a private van, shuttle over there, stay a few hours, eat lunch at a restaurant on the beach, and then return.  Has anyone done this?  I do know that the place will be super packed because of the holidays.  Would love your advice, thanks!

Edited by alwaysflyin

• alwaysflyin changed the title to DIY instead of "Tabyana Beach Break" in Roatan?
On 12/6/2022 at 12:02 PM, mac_tlc said:

We have done Roatan several times, each time using Victor Bodden. They have set tours or you can construct your own.

mac_tlc

I’ve used Victor Bodden every time I have been in Roatan. I am on the same sailing as the OP. They are booked sold on private tours but have availability for most of their group tours.

Tabyana Beach is West Bay and that’s going to be $15 per person each way for a taxi. So someone else said the ship may be cheaper if you just want to West Bay.

Edited by wreckem2013