JEWEL OF THE SEAS SHOWS

lidopuppy

21 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Why??  Jewel has an assortment of comedians, jugulars, some RCI singers, and RCI singers and dancers.  Plus, love and marriage.

Why?...Really?   There is a huge difference between entertainment levels from one ship to the next.  I was just asking for feedback specifically on this ship. I know that every ship has (in your words) "an assortment of comedians, jugulars, some RCI singers, and RCI singers and dancers.  Plus, love and marriage" as well as variable entertainment that changes weekly.  I was just wondering if someone that has recently sailed Jewel may have info/feedback...but no worries.   Thanks for your input.

• Like 3

Jewel has two production shows, City of Dreams and Tango Buenos Aires. 

Otherwise it’s guest headliners in the theater, movies (there’s a nice little cinema on board) and live music in the Centrum, Schooner Bar and Safari Club.

Not a patch on O, Q or even V class ships - but I guess most people sail on Jewel for her itineraries rather than the entertainment.

23 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Otherwise it’s guest headliners in the theater, movies (there’s a nice little cinema on board) and live music in the Centrum, Schooner Bar and Safari Club.

Not a patch on O, Q or even V class ships - but I guess most people sail on Jewel for her itineraries rather than the entertainment.

thank you  gumshoe958 - you're absolutely correct. We absolutely chose this one for the itinerary. We really like the production shows on the larger ships. Regardless, we always have a great time.

23 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Why??  Jewel has an assortment of comedians, jugulars, some RCI singers, and RCI singers and dancers.  Plus, love and marriage.

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

I don't know if anything is different in the Caribbean, but we did B2B on Jewel out of Amsterdam this summer, 2 @ 12 nights. They shuffled headliners on & off about every port or every other port. Even up on Honningsvag Norway, the previous night's headliner got off to catch a flight to their next gig. I believe we only had the same headline act once, for 2 consecutive nights (different show). It was a b2b sea day anyway, so they were available. The designated headliner cabin happened to be 2 doors down from us, which was right next door to our friends, and they chatted with some of them on the balconies. Chatted with one in Schooner bar once also. All of our rooms, including the headliner room was a JS, which I thought was nice that they did that for the headliners. One of the headliners said they were going to a Disney ship in the Mediterranean next. Apparently there is a booking company that books many cruise lines for the headliners and they can bounce all over the place, many times needing to fly from port to port. At least for the European ports anyway. I suppose it's harder for them to stay exclusive to one line and just switch ships in port.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:59 PM, lidopuppy said:

Why?...Really?   There is a huge difference between entertainment levels from one ship to the next.  I was just asking for feedback specifically on this ship. I know that every ship has (in your words) "an assortment of comedians, jugulars, some RCI singers, and RCI singers and dancers.  Plus, love and marriage" as well as variable entertainment that changes weekly.  I was just wondering if someone that has recently sailed Jewel may have info/feedback...but no worries.   Thanks for your input.

And that's exactly what I told you.  I just spent 36 days on Jewel.

Not sure what you are looking for.  No one can tell you with any certainty what you will see and when, except in general terms.

I take a different view, surprise me.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:59 PM, lidopuppy said:

I was not trying to minimize your question.  

I'm just a jaded Radiance class cruiser. (257 nights)  As I posted we spent 36 days on Jewel this summer 7/14 to 8/19.  That's what we got.  Different performers, yes, but in the same mold.  As someone else expanded on the RCI singers and dancers; City of Dreams and Tango.  Both of which we has seen 4-5 times in the last 4 years.

Don't forget the Centrum, Schooner, Pit Stop, and Safari Club.  Non-stop trivia.

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

I'm just a jaded Radiance class cruiser. (257 nights)  As I posted we spent 36 days on Jewel this summer 7/14 to 8/19.  That's what we got.  Different performers, yes, but in the same mold.  As someone else expanded on the RCI singers and dancers; City of Dreams and Tango.  Both of which we has seen 4-5 times in the last 4 years.

Don't forget the Centrum, Schooner, Pit Stop, and Safari Club.  Non-stop trivia.

We got off from 24 nights as you were boarding!

One of our headliners was a guy that performed tricks on a BMX bike. That was a little fun and different at the beginning, but he sort of just devolved into plain juggling for the second half of his show.

Trivia in the Schooner lounge. It was basically my home away from home.🤣 

Between trivia and games, spent a lot of time with the entertainment staff. I believe all of them indicated that this was their first contract as entertainment staff, but honestly, they were some of the best we've had and really worked well together.

• Like 1