New to Azamara, How much dancing can we do on Azamara Pursuit? Comments on South America Cruises?

gam888

5 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

The Constellation was due a total refit in March 2020 which was obviously cancelled  due to Covid. In November 2021 all public areas were refurbished and all carpets and soft furnishings were replaced. When we were onboard in April 2022 the ship looked great. The cabins were not refurbished however. We were in Aqua class the first cruise and a suite for  the second which were in good condition. Maybe the complaints were about the regular cabins which I can’t comment on.  

The first review there currently says

"I personally have no interest in the glitzy Edge class.But I suspect that Celebrity may have other plans for the millenniums. The Connie was very tired and in absolute need of a retro fit. Ship shape did not apply as varnish was sadly lacking, as was paint and black mold on most windows in the pool area (really?)"

and another that followed

"The ship is in disrepair. Paint is peeling and it needs some care."

These observations are absolute not comparative. They may have thought Quest was even worse had they sailed on her instead. And of course, people do see things differently through their own eyes especially if, as these reviewers were, they are also experiencing other problems with service, food etc. Without those, maybe they would not have noticed what might have been minor decor issues to others.

• 4 weeks later...

We love to dance in the evening and therefore are in the Living Room mostly every night. The live bands in general are fine musicians and have a broad repertoire. After 11 pm the band stops playing and a DJ takes over, there are evenings with themes like Abba or Latin, any requests will be met by the DJ. We always have fun and are happy to see other couples on the dance floor. There are of course evenings when the place is a bit deserted because of early excursions next morning etc. Earlier in the afternoon there is dance music in the Living Room as well, however, this time never fits into our daily routine.

Another chance for dancing is the White Night, weather permitting at the pool deck. Here we feel the music always to be far too loud, but most people have a lot of fun and the dance floor is occupied by many dancers.

We really have a problem to read comments here that there is no or poor entertainment on board because this doesn’t mirror reality. We enjoyed every of our many cruises on all the Azamara ships over the last 10 years and will continue.

• Like 6

On 12/11/2022 at 4:10 PM, Edinburghgirl1 said:

We have just completed our first cruise with Azamara and I’m afraid entertainment is where they fall down particularly in the evening. From the comments I received when I mentioned this in a post it would appear Azamara cruisers prefer silent venues with no music playing. It would make us think twice about booking another Azamara cruise. as we felt the ship was totally lacking in atmosphere. 

Due on the Pursuit Feb 10, 2023  BA to Rio. I was pleasantly stuck for 10 or 11 days in the  Indian Ocean on the Quest in 2020 due to covid restrictions. Part of that time was planned as quite a long distance.   A peaceful trip with new and old friends friends.

The entertainment was sparse.  There was a history buff onboard and I believe an astronomer who had presentations each evening.   

The last time I travelled to South America was on the Norwegian Sun many years ago.  There was a lot of Frank Sinatra played.  I believe they looked at the average age of guests when making their decision. 

We were all happy when someone played  some rock and roll.

On 12/13/2022 at 9:30 AM, uktog said:

So same as last cruise aka the Azamara standard for a sea day 😀

I thought there was more entertainment and dancing, after hours on our last Journey immersion cruise.  When I think back I remember the couple that did shows in what is now the living room most nights too.  Tbh I think I hadn’t noticed the entertainment before because it wasn’t hightlighted as much in the Cabaret and it wasn’t always live.  Admittedly it was also too late for my 8am tours😂  

I am not sure a cruise in South America will be different in terms if dancing from any cruise from Azamara. I have not met many South Americans in an Azamara cruise. Younger South Americans seem to prefer MSC. 
But… I will know better after my next cruise 😃

Ivi