Westerdam recent cruisers good or bad?

gizmodog

We spent 51 days recently on her. Seattle to Sydney. Found the ship to be in good shape and the crew overall to be outstanding! We received our 5 star pins part way through the cruise.

I hope you enjoy sailing on Westerdam as much as we did!

Jim

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gizmodog said:

Yes Alaska, and thank you for a good review

My wife and I sailed on her at the end of September 22.   I had never cruised Holland before.  We have been on over 50 cruises and I did a little research before we chose Westerdam.  I didn’t want a flashy ship.  We have done that on the other lines we have sailed.  We had just gotten off MSC YC (our third in YC).  IMOA, we enjoyed HAL Westerdam more than any ship so far.  Service was very good and we both thought the food was better than MSC and we enjoyed MSC very much.  The vibe on HAL was just a better fit for us so much so, we booked the Rotterdam for July 23.   Very few kids on the Westerdam.   Have to admit that was a plus.   

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 2:16 AM, jettaleea said:

Agree Westerdam is great. We have been on since October 2nd and no major issues. The ship is heading to drydock in January so hopefully some of the wear and tear items will be addressed. The crew is awesome! You should have a great time 

Really?  I thought it was just updated last June. What will they do during dry dock?

On 12/12/2022 at 2:17 AM, senorjim said:

We spent 51 days recently on her. Seattle to Sydney. Found the ship to be in good shape and the crew overall to be outstanding! We received our 5 star pins part way through the cruise.

Ji.

That is so good to read as we're on her in April. Congratulations on your 5 stars.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:17 PM, senorjim said:

Jim

We were on the Westerdam along with seniorjim, as he stated, ship was great.  Service was also great.  Our only compliant was that there was a bit too much Chicken being served, which we assumed was a supply chain issue.  Beef plentiful in the Pinnacle.....

I feel the Vista ships are the best for passenger to public space ratio.  Of course the transpacific sailing was only about 75% full.

On 12/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, senorjim said:

Jim

Yep, stood on the corner of Portage and Main in Winnipeg and it has earned its bragging rights as the coldest and windiest place in Canada - which means for most of the world.  Why leave Winnipeg for a cruise?  Freezin's the reason.