Can you avoid the porters in Miami?

cantgetin

44 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

I am glad you posted that we can avoid porters in Barcelona. That is where I am boarding next and I am extremely paranoid about porters just stealing my luggage. 

In fairness, that was October 2022....you'll see the porters first, but just beyond them was a VV desk with a uniformed agent.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:14 PM, tinkr2 said:

@cantgetin you are always free to roll your luggage the entire way to your cabin if its small enough. Most of the porters in Miami are part time and and are not making anywhere near what you're quoting. But even if they were, its still bag breaking work.

The porters are paid for the entire day no matter how long they work.  Most of the porter jobs go to ILA unions workers who have seniority, rarely does a casual union worker get those jobs.  I'm not sure where you got the idea they are "part time"?

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 9:14 PM, tinkr2 said:

@cantgetin you are always free to roll your luggage the entire way to your cabiif its small enough. Most of the porters in Miami are part time and and are not making anywhere near what you're quoting. But even if they were, its still bag breaking work.

sorry for the accidental double post

Edited by LibratPDX