Age discrimination!?

We are going to Jamaica in January on a cruise and stay holiday with TUI (Marella Cruises). Now I have to say, I do believe they are better than the majority of cruise companies at the moment, but why would they discriminate against people over 65, not allowing them to visit an animal rescue centre in Puerto Limon, when the actual animal centre itself has no such restrictions. The only thing TUI Marella is providing for those they allow to go, is the coach transport to and from the venue. I can't believe their insurance doesn't cover us (their excuse) getting on a bus to and from the venue!  Has anyone else experienced this??

We have to agree with you. We are on this cruise end of January and found a couple of excursions that over 65 s are barred from. We are only a year over the stipulated age but will be 2 years over during cruise 🙈.

It’s amazing you can walk up the waterfalls at any age in Jamaica but not have a speedboat in Mexico even though some of us have had boats , crazy

On 12/13/2022 at 7:02 PM, AnnTique said:

I can't believe their insurance doesn't cover us (their excuse) getting on a bus to and from the venue!  Has anyone else experienced this??

When you say "their insurance" do you mean TUI's insurance that you've taken out and paid for, or insurance that the shore excursion provider has? Do you have your own travel insurance? We're not doing your itinerary but as an over-65, I'm curious. I haven't noticed any exclusions, except for children, for our Ex2 cruise (crazy as it's an adult-only ship!!). I have seen over-65 exclusions mentioned by another cruise line (Azamara) though, and wonder if it's a shore-ex provider rule.

2 hours ago, Wacktle said:

When you say "their insurance" do you mean TUI's insurance that you've taken out and paid for, or insurance that the shore excursion provider has? Do you have your own travel insurance? We're not doing your itinerary but as an over-65, I'm curious. I haven't noticed any exclusions, except for children, for our Ex2 cruise (crazy as it's an adult-only ship!!). I have seen over-65 exclusions mentioned by another cruise line (Azamara) though, and wonder if it's a shore-ex provider rule.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:49 AM, Cliffholl55 said:

It tells you the age limits if there are any on the excursions when you open the individual trips. Nothing to do with individual insurances.

OK. Ta. The Marella Explorer 2 ones mainly show exclusiions for under 2s.