Non-touristy San Juan

CathyK2

For those of us that have been to San Juan in double digits and done all the regular things all the tourists do, is there anything you may have done that was a bit different or off the beaten path?  I'm spinning my wheels and hoping someone can help me brain storm.  All suggestions are so appreciated.  

38 minutes ago, CathyK2 said:

For those of us that have been to San Juan in double digits and done all the regular things all the tourists do, is there anything you may have done that was a bit different or off the beaten path?  I'm spinning my wheels and hoping someone can help me brain storm.  All suggestions are so appreciated.  

How far off piste?

We visited an art studio, think it was called “Sip and Paint” or “Paint and Sip”

Where one joins a class of complete novices, with the help of a professional, one paints a picture.

Give kne something to take home

7 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

How far off piste?

We visited an art studio, think it was called “Sip and Paint” or “Paint and Sip”

Where one joins a class of complete novices, with the help of a professional, one paints a picture.

Give kne something to take home

It's funny since I stumbled on that shortly after I wrote this.  Sadly, I have absolutely not even one artistic bone in my body.  I can't even make a decent stick figure person.  REALLY.  But thank you since this is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.  May still consider it, but I'd have to do more sipping than painting so as not to embarrass myself.  🙂  

8 hours ago, CathyK2 said:

It's funny since I stumbled on that shortly after I wrote this.  Sadly, I have absolutely not even one artistic bone in my body.  I can't even make a decent stick figure person.  REALLY.  But thank you since this is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.  May still consider it, but I'd have to do more sipping than painting so as not to embarrass myself.  🙂  

More sipping?
How about.a Wine Tasting Experience ?

Several upmarket retailers offer courses/experiences

5 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

More sipping?
How about.a Wine Tasting Experience ?

Several upmarket retailers offer courses/experiences

I was fooling around about more sipping.  I seriously liked your first idea.  But was also serious about no artistic ability but their web site CLAIMS I don't need any.  We cruise next month and they only have their schedule up for the rest of December.  So will keep checking for the January schedule.  Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know nothing of their classes … but owned and taught a sip and paint business and had 1500 students over the years, most of which said the same thing on their first visit … but with a good teacher you do not to be creative on your own … just able to follow instruction. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, susi_q said:

I know nothing of their classes … but owned and taught a sip and paint business and had 1500 students over the years, most of which said the same thing on their first visit … but with a good teacher you do not to be creative on your own … just able to follow instruction. 

Thank you.  I've seen these classes around the U.S. but since I am the opposite of artistic, I have never tried one.  But hey...this is vacation and doing something different is always a plus.  Thanks for your comment.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...