Deja Vu All Over Again! - Mardi Gras NYE Mostly Live - Let's run it back!

TxTeach79

29 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Geisha 

D88D23D8-2686-44B3-B35D-B2A585E7E1FF.thumb.jpeg.a44468e4be72f57cd74fff4c32a15fdf.jpeg

Ingredients for the Geisha looks JUST like my favorite drink from the comedy club, the Whimsy Scarlett! Except this one looks a little paler pink (maybe the lighting difference?)

Either way, the WS was a contender for best drink I had on the ship.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

Ingredients for the Geisha looks JUST like my favorite drink from the comedy club, the Whimsy Scarlett! Except this one looks a little paler pink (maybe the lighting difference?)

Have you had an Andes mint?  Or a Wethers caramel?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

this is very good to know!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

Have you had an Andes mint?  Or a Wethers caramel?

Are you referring to the candy? LOL

Would any bartender (or even just any Alchemy bartender) know how to make these if I ordered them, or would I have to tell them what's in it? Definitely intrigued bc I like the sweet drinks - and especially the chocolate and mint combo.

• Like 1

B did steak and shrimp, but I was too ravenous to get a pic. Also, there’s a woman across the way that keeps barking at our chef to give her her steak, he’s gonna overcook it, etc. Also I’m not sure she’s smiled yet. I don’t think she gets how this works. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Meal ended just as Celestial Strings was wrapping up in Grand Central. We had designs on the magic show in the MG theater and some comedy tonight, but with Nassau looming we’re pretty darn tempted to call it early and get some incredibly decadent sleep. Plus, we love our little square interior. Such a good layout, so clean, and the AC works exceptionally well. 

also, I haven’t heard coathangers clack ONCE here on night two. That’s unheard of at this point. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

Are you referring to the candy? LOL

Would any bartender (or even just any Alchemy bartender) know how to make these if I ordered them, or would I have to tell them what's in it? Definitely intrigued bc I like the sweet drinks - and especially the chocolate and mint combo.

Oh, these are definitely Alchemy only drinks.  Andes mint is what I dubbed the green drink that they made with chocolate streaks on the side of the glass.  Werther's Caramel is something that's gonna require a dash to the java joint from the Alchemist, caramel syrup and then whatever...point is these are way off menu and can be made depending on ingredients and ration to gratuity.

• Like 1

it took just over 24 hours. Sitting waiting for the Captain’s toast, B says matter of factly “this is definitely my favorite ship I’ve been on.” Gotta say, it’s darn hard to disagree. 

Bed feels amazing. Fat and happy is an understatement. Tomorrow we’re gonna get off around 9:30 in Nassau and grab a taxi to the RIU Paradise Island where have day passes. Lots of pool floatin’ and booze drankin’. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

B did steak and shrimp, but I was too ravenous to get a pic. Also, there’s a woman across the way that keeps barking at our chef to give her her steak, he’s gonna overcook it, etc. Also I’m not sure she’s smiled yet. I don’t think she gets how this works. 

99% sure I can pick her out from the previous pics. Black top with the resting female dog face. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5