Experience with AIG Travel Guard insurance or Viking Trip Mate Insurance

I just booked a British Isles cruise with Viking and am now trying to decide on which travel insurance to buy.  I am looking at an AIG Travel Guard Plus policy or the Viking Trip Mate Policy.  Both policies are similar in offerings except for the Medical Evacuation where Travel Guard has a maximum limit of $1,000,000 per person and the Trip Mate policy has a maximum limit of $250,000 per person.  Both have travel medical expense limits of $100,000 per person.  Pricing for the policies is within $125 of each other with the Viking policy being slightly more.  The Viking policy does have a "Cancel for Any Reason Waiver" that is provided by Viking; this would be paid in vouchers with limitations attached to the vouchers.  I am somewhat hesitant on both companies because I have been reading very negative reviews on both.  I am interested in experiences individuals have had with either company or from individuals who had a positive experience with another company that they would recommend.  Your responses would be appreciated.  Thanks!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PatMH said:

I just booked a British Isles cruise with Viking and am now trying to decide on which travel insurance to buy.  I am looking at an AIG Travel Guard Plus policy or the Viking Trip Mate Policy.  Both policies are similar in offerings except for the Medical Evacuation where Travel Guard has a maximum limit of $1,000,000 per person and the Trip Mate policy has a maximum limit of $250,000 per person.  Both have travel medical expense limits of $100,000 per person.  Pricing for the policies is within $125 of each other with the Viking policy being slightly more.  The Viking policy does have a "Cancel for Any Reason Waiver" that is provided by Viking; this would be paid in vouchers with limitations attached to the vouchers.  I am somewhat hesitant on both companies because I have been reading very negative reviews on both.  I am interested in experiences individuals have had with either company or from individuals who had a positive experience with another company that they would recommend.  Your responses would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi PatMH,

It's hard to compare the plans because Viking's plan is a "Pre-Departure Waiver Plan" with elements of insurance to pay claims for accident and sickness medical benefits.

Go here for more detailed information:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-insurance-vs-travel-supplier-waiver-plans/

Steve Dasseos