NCL Prima Spa Balcony Rooms Advice

boots2

• 8 months later...

Hi @boots2.. did you end up upgrading to a Spa Balcony for your Prima cruise last December? If so, any advice/experience you can provide?

Looking to bid on an upgrade for our cruise this December, but I worry about fitness center noise/foot traffic, plus Galaxy Pavilion noise from above.

TIA! -- Ross, Chicago

Edited by rmfortin
Clarifying text

57 minutes ago, rmfortin said:

Hi @boots2.. did you end up upgrading to a Spa Balcony for your Prima cruise last December? If so, any advice/experience you can provide?

Looking to bid on an upgrade for our cruise this December, but I worry about fitness center noise/foot traffic, plus Galaxy Pavilion noise from above.

TIA! -- Ross, Chicago

I was in the spa balcony last month. We didn’t have any issues in the room, just in the thermal

spa with flying weights from up above. Let me

know if any actually put a hole in the ceiling. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I was in the spa balcony last month. We didn’t have any issues in the room, just in the thermal

spa with flying weights from up above. Let me

know if any actually put a hole in the ceiling. 

Lol, I appreciate the heads-up (literally 😁)!

Did you use the spa much... basically, was it worth having the room/access, esp. for the entire cruise (vs. one or more day passes)?

I was just thinking that it would save a good deal of dough to bid on a spa balcony for maybe $150-200, and if we got it,  it'd save a lot vs. the over $800 price tag for separate  spa passes. Hell, even the max bid amount is "only" $350!

Thanks again, @PhillyTravelBug--Ross/Paula

Edited by rmfortin
Clarifying text

We didn't upgrade to spa balcony due to my partner being a very light sleeper.  I thought the spa was ok not really impressed.   We loved all of the outdoor spaces on this ship.  

Happy travels

• Like 1

Thanks all...I watched several (ok, TOO MANY) tour vids on Prima and other NCL ships and thought the same re: layout. I also noticed the Prima spa has no hot tub per se, though it looked like Breakaway class spas *do*.

I think we will take our chances without upgrading and save it for one of the ships with a better spa layout, and hopefully can find someplace quiet on Prima that isn't elbow-to-elbow cruisers! First question I'm immediately asking when boarding: "Have any Vibe spots opened up?" 😁

Safe travels, everyone--Ross/Paula

• Like 1