Apex Review from a Couple Mid 20s - Western Caribbean 12/17 - 12/23

NorthStarStateCruiser

32 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

For sure. We were on Equinox in June 2019. Really enjoyed that cruise as well. We were in a concierge class room which didn't matter to us much besides the location. We loved the theater shows, dinners at the main dining room and the pool deck. We kind of missed the amount of live music on the pool deck that we had on the Equinox. There was some on Apex, but a lot less. Mostly a DJ mix with some background music. Not sure if this is ship/itinerary dependent?

We liked Apex better for the amount of venues onboard. Some of the game shows and activities were held in that smaller theater or the sky lounge on Equinox and having the club or Eden for those same activities was more enjoyable. We definitely miss bingo, but that's all the ships now.

I feel like the central atrium on Apex is a better use of space than the one on Equinox by having the martini bar there.

There were a decent amount of kids on our two cruises (Summer and winter break). However, the kids' presence was less noticeable on Apex due to the basement club being on the lower deck. Good design choice.

The theater itself felt much more immersive on Apex. It was actually better to sit towards the back of the theater since the screen in the back of the stage is so wide. I swear the seats felt more comfortable and had a higher back. Felt more cozy sitting through the shoes.

It might have been due to out room location on deck 7 in a SV, but we noticed quite a bit more vibration and rumblings from the motors on Apex. I swear others have pointed out more creaking/rumbling on this class of ships.

One thing that's a bummer about Celebrity is the fact the pools and hot tubs close at 10PM. We would really enjoy some late night dips sipping on cocktails under the stars. I'd imagine the pool closure times are similar for the other cruise lines?

We would definitely cruise again on either S class or E class again. Enjoyed them both, but I'd probably give the edge *pun intended* to the E class.

You & I have similar viewpoints regarding the 2.

I am a little obsessed with E-class

• Like 1