eurodam

esimon

We were on Eurodam Dec 10-21. First HAL cruise since 2018. We are 4 star, probably for eternity. 

Overall we had a nice cruise, didn’t get sick!  We were in a balcony room, sat outside a lot avoiding crowded areas. 

We go for Lincoln Center Stage music, enjoyed it thoroughly. Got seats early, front corner, wore  masks. 

Did not get a tote bag. Have never gotten slippers. Room steward was attentive but asked if we wanted morning room make-up or evening turndown. Said he would try to accommodate requests for evening if desired. Too many rooms!  We didn’t have towel animals except for a double heart Swan for  our anniversary, very sweet. Chocolates only on dressy nights, only 2 dressy nights on 11 nighter. 

Ate breakfast and dinner in MDR everyday, Open dining to work around music schedule, requested table for 2, no problems. Service was decent, not perfect. Breakfasts some food was cold- always cold dry toast, gave up on that. One morning they didn’t have yogurt.. would have to get it out of storage…. would we like to wait or choose something else?  Huh? 

Dive-in couldn’t get an order correct in 3 tries-  how hard it is to plate a cheeseburger, no bun, no sauce, no salad…. Ketchup on the side. gave up, used room service sandwiches. 

Dinner Menus and food quality in MDR seemed noticeably declined. We always ate, but it’s nothing special anymore. It’s great for me to not have to cook etc, and I enjoyed it but struggled sometimes to find something appealing.  

I ate lunch most days in MDR. Open on sea days and days when we ported after noon. The fish of the day was very good. After a few days the static menu got me to the point where I’d tried everything of interest to me. 

Afternoon  tea looked nice, but didn’t go. Only served on sea days. 

Went to a couple of Panama Canal documentaries, very sparsely attended. As were EXC talks… maybe everybody has been?  I wouldn’t repeat the Marconi talk either. 

We are going on Rotterdam with family next month, concerned about noisy MDR after 2018 experience on K’dam; and not sure if Lincoln Center Stage will be as a frequent lounge performance or a one-shot main stage show, if at all.  But hoping to enjoy the strengths of HAL and Rotterdam… just not sure what those are anymore. 

Wishing you a happy cruise. Thanks for all your contributions to these boards. 

Maureen

• Like 2