Somebody make me go finish packing lol

spleenstomper

48 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

Perhaps, I misread but I think she's sailing with her adult son ? But I could be mistaken, you know how weak minded, we men are lol !

Mac

We are with 22 people so my son and I are sharing a balcony cabin. I just got back from bringing two to the port. It’s very foggy/dreary and super humid. I’m probably not going outside where there is no AC until this evening. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spleenstomper said:

We are with 22 people so my son and I are sharing a balcony cabin. I just got back from bringing two to the port. It’s very foggy/dreary and super humid. I’m probably not going outside where there is no AC until this evening. 

Goodness !! 😞 Never thought humidity would be such a problem, this deep into winter conditions.! :(Here in Atl  it's sixty degrees w/ very low humidity.  Before I retired, we had a man transfer from Atl to NOLA (his wife's family lived there and she wanted to move back home, I had heard about the awful hot HUMID summers there ! But never gave a thought to it MIGHT carry over to the winters, as well. But, a job's a job, you takes the good w/the bad. It depends on what ya become used to.  On our 1st cruise to Alaska out of Seattle in June of 2010, the hotel driver who was driving the shuttle apologized several times 'about the warm weather' I was amazed, to say the least, it was fifty eight degrees with NO humidity ! I told him, 'Sir, we just left Atlanta, where at eleven a.m.it was ninety EIGHT degrees w/ humidity pushing it up to 104 ! Now, that's HOT !!'. He stared at me, and said, " I could NEVR work in those conditions'. I just said, IF the job requires it, you either quit or get on with it, plenty of people waiting for you to move aside'. Soglad you made the drive and are safe in NOLA.

Mac

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

I’m on the ship. Sweating profusely in the lido buffet. Our room will be ready at 1:30. I ate at home so just got a small piece of vanilla and elder flower cake out of boredom lol. 

E4C2742B-C028-43CF-99D7-93E66DECF637.jpeg

Ohhhhhhhh GOODNESS !! I am a BIG fan of the lunch buffet cakes !! They are SO yummy !

Mac

• Like 1