Jewell next week, questions???

cbk8008

Can anyone tell me about the coupon books that have coupons for smoothies. I have two teenage daughters going with us, if I buy the coupon book, do they just use one to buy a nonalcoholic smoothie at any bar - or at the pool? Can I buy this when we embark?

Will the cabin steward empty the cabin refrigerator as soon as I request it?

If I get the drink of the day in the "special" cup, can they just make future specials in that cup?

ARe there entrees available in Cagneys and LeBistro - like chicken or Caesar salad - if my daughters don't want the "good" stuff?

Any other tips anyone wants to throw at me as I'm making last minute lists of things to remember!!!!

Thanks everyone, I don't know what I would have done without these boards!!!

My suggestion, since your cruise is getting closer, is to do a search of the threads here to see if some of your questions have already been answered.

You can use the "search" function at the top of the board to put in your keywords.

Good luck!

I can't answer the smoothie question, sorry. Yes the cabin stewart will remove all items from the refrigerator for you and we had him remove all the bottled water and soda also. We had left a message in the cabin and they were gone when we returned.

I believe that in any restaurant you always can order a caesar salad and/or chicken caesar at any time, even if it's not on the menu. Also a baked potatoe and a steak, if I remember these threads correctly. Also, be sure to check out the Blue Lagoon restaurant, this is closed when the specialty restaurants are open, but is open for breakfast and lunch, casual menu the teens might enjoy. Also the grill by the pool does up fresh burgers and hot dogs alot and the Sky High bar does some appetizer type munchies. We ate at the cafe a few times, be sure to go to the back, same hot and cold bars but much less crowded.

Don't miss the cabaret show, it was spectactular as well as the cirque show, both were well worth seeing, and I hear the magician was also great, but get there a little early for the best seats. If you like kareoke, the week we were one was really good in Fuzzy (spelling?).

I never hear a bad word (or read one) about the kids club, so if the teens are in that I think there is a disco night, and some other very cool activities.

Have a fabulous time, the Jewel is absolutely wonderful, we were on it in January and plan on going on the Jewel again next year! I wish we were on it right now!

Can anyone tell me about the coupon books that have coupons for smoothies. I have two teenage daughters going with us, if I buy the coupon book, do they just use one to buy a nonalcoholic smoothie at any bar - or at the pool? Can I buy this when we embark?

The teen passport coupon books are available at any bar. I suggest just purchasing one booklet to begin with since the drinks are so sweet they may not need 40 of them during the cruise. You can always pick another booklet up during the cruise if you need it. One coupon is good for a non-alcoholic smoothie, or my daughter was using them for cans of soda or bottles of water. You can get the smoothies at the bar, from the waiters in the pool area or shows...as well as at the restaurants.

Margaret

I just got back from the Jewel Sunday with two teeangers with coupon books. I think we still have at least ten left between them. My suggestion is to buy one book to start They can be shared. The pages have to be ripped out to give one each time you get a drink. My 16 daughter said she wished she had just gotten the soda pass ( your key card comes with a coke sign on it if you go that route) because she used most of her smoothie cards for soda anyway and it would have been one less thing to carry everwhere she went. The coupon book is a bit larger then the key card ( at least double in size)

You can get a caesar salad at any dinner or lunch place. The garden buffet also has a pasta bar and will make any kind of pasta while you wait and it tastes great. There is also a Chicken dish, plain but good, available at all places even if it is not on the menu. It has a baked potato, chicken breast and steamed veggies.

Also if I can suggest even if your girls don't think they will want to spend much time at the kids club they should go the first day or two as to meet kids their own age to hang out with at the pool, shows etc.

Will the cabin steward empty the cabin refrigerator as soon as I request it?

We bring a pad of "post-it" notes.

Just post a note on the fridge, on the ice bucket, on the bed (for extra pillows, sheets, robes, etc).

This way you will not have to try to find your cabin steward. Just leave a note.

Have a wonderful cruise.

You will love the Jewel:)

Archived