Need help for Houson-Galveston travel...

My soon to be Hubby and I are going to be going on the Conquest in June. We are flying in to Hobby at 8:10 AM on the day of our cruise. We have to get from Hobby to Galveston, but don't know the best way to do it. Here are our options... I would LOVE any input y'all can give us.

1. Carnival transfers

2. NRGD Transportation - Sedan for 110.00 or Limo for 150.00 (all one-way)

3. Ryoal Carriages Limo - Sedan for 130.00 (one way)

4. Spacetown Limo - Sedan for $105.00 (one way)

5. Enterprise Rental - are there any hidden fees? I think I've heard something about a $40 drop off fee?

Do y'all know anything about any of these companies? Thank you so much in advance

We used NRGD and would recommend them for your transportation needs. Very professional and a large enough company to handle changes if need be. It was just my dh and I and we rented a Sedan total price including tip was $145 one way from IAH airport for our vacation in January. We felt it was a nice start to our vacation allowing someone else to do the driving. On our return trip we got picked up in a stretch excursion, alot of fun. Enjoy!

since you are arriving that early rent a car, go down to Galveston and do some light sightseeing, yes there is a drop fee. its still the cheapest option for 2 people. also carnival transfers don't start until 11 or 12. you will be sitting in the airport if you choose this option.

Try checking with Coach USA for their shuttle from Hobby to Galveston. Don't know what their time frame is (it's a fairly new service) but it would be much cheaper - +/-$49/pp each way. Getting to Galveston early and having time to see the city, as someone else mentioned, is also a good idea. The Strand area just adjacent to the cruise pier and the historical district (streets and streets of beautiful old homes) are especially interesting.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have another question... Our flight comes in at 8:00 AM. If we hire a limo/sedan service we'll either have to pay for about 2-3 hours until they could drop us off at the pier, right? If we do rent a car, what is there to do in Galveston from 9-11 AM??

We used Galveston Limousine from IAH. They also do pick-up and drop off at Hobby. It is a shared van. According to their schedule, they have a 9:30am pick up at Hobby and arrive in Galveston at 10:30. They will ask you where in Galveston you want to be dropped off.

Here is their Hobby schedule. http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/hobby.html

Have a great voyage. :)

Ok, I have another question... Our flight comes in at 8:00 AM. If we hire a limo/sedan service we'll either have to pay for about 2-3 hours until they could drop us off at the pier, right? If we do rent a car, what is there to do in Galveston from 9-11 AM??

The Conquest will be docked at a pier next to The Strand area of Galveston. With only a couple of hours to kill you might want to wander around there for awhile. Here's a link.

http://www.thestrand.com/

Gulf Coast Limo, as well as, Emerald Limo are other companies you might want to check out.

http://www.gulfcoastlimo.com/

Archived