World Cruise Blog

TwoBadKnees

On 1/4/2023 at 9:34 PM, TwoBadKnees said:

https://aswimmer2.wixsite.com/worldcruise111day

I hope they post often.

The Island sails tomorrow from Ft Lauderdale.

This does not appear to be a blog from a specific person on the cruise...reads more like a company that is sponsoring the cruise.  Maybe I'm wrong...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I made contact with them. It is a couple who had a world cruise on their bucket list, and it has finally come true. They were nervous about not testing positive before boarding. They stayed in FLL for a few days before sailing.

I did not ask about their cruise history.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2023 at 3:03 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

This does not appear to be a blog from a specific person on the cruise...reads more like a company that is sponsoring the cruise.  Maybe I'm wrong...

Hi, I'm Andy swimmer and I'm the author of the blog.  I'm not with a travel company.  Happily retired CFO of a technology company. I'm Just a guy that did a ton of research before the cruise and have been and will be sharing tidbits throughout the cruise.  I am posting daily on the Blog itself and then also in the ports of call tab the days we're in port. 

Let me know if you want me to cover a specific topic.  I plan on interviewing some crew as a find their life fascinating. 

I'm not a complainer by nature, so you won't see those types of comments in the blog.  I will be factual though, so if something isn't good, there will be facts supporting why.  Just mentioning that since there's been quite a few complaints on the FB group.  I just feel so blessed to be on a world cruise, with my health, resources and time to enjoy it with my lovely wife.  

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 9:40 PM, TwoBadKnees said:

I made contact with them. It is a couple who had a world cruise on their bucket list, and it has finally come true. They were nervous about not testing positive before boarding. They stayed in FLL for a few days before sailing.

I did not ask about their cruise history.

I didn't realize we met.  I hope we get reacquainted soon. I'm wearing a dark green Ecuador shirt today

Just now, Nadador said:

I didn't realize we met.  I hope we get reacquainted soon. I'm wearing a dark green Ecuador shirt today

We've done about a dozen cruises in or 35 years of marriage. 1 Alaska, 3 Mediterranean, and the balance carribbean, (eastern, western and southern).  We've sailed with about 5 different cruiselines in total.