Port of Trieste debarkation

KNGL

Hi everyone.  We live in Halifax but are heading to Venice Marco Polo through Toronto and Montreal on August as they have direct flights.  Our cruise gets in to Trieste for 6 AM. Now I do understand that things can change, but we hope to do a self debark as early as possible and arrange a private transfer.  Our flight to Toronto leaves at 1 PM, so does anyone have any experience with this port to airport transfer?  Any suggestions?  We see that it takes approximately two hours to get to the airport, so we feel this is fine barring unexpected delays?  Just looking for opinions as we really don’t have another flight option. Thanks so much

We took the ship transfer from Trieste to Marco Polo Airport at the end of October — on a Saturday.  We researched private transportation but the ship transfer was far less expensive.  In our case, the ship had an overnight in Trieste, and we were staying on in Venice, so we did not have delayed disembarkation concerns.  

Trieste is a vibrant city full of architectural beauty.  It was clean and uncongested.  I would definitely stay a few days here (as opposed to Venice) if I find myself embarking at this port in the future.

We departed the cruise port terminal at 8:15 am.  It was a pleasant drive through the countryside through very light traffic.  We arrived at Marco Polo Airport 2 hours and 5 minutes later.

VCE is a bit of a nightmare, but I was flying within Europe so if you have a non-stop to YYZ your process will be different than mine.  Sorry I can’t offer any insight to that other than look for the large directional signage above and to your left as you enter through the main doors.

Two caveats if you opt for a ship transfer:

1.  Add one hour to the stated departure time to allow for disembarkation and loading of passengers and luggage.

2.  The coach parks a distance from the airport terminal and you have about a 5+ minute walk to get there.  There is no one to help, and no luggage carts, so you will need to be able to manage it yourself.

The port has direct access to the street, and awaiting transportation, so it is a quick and easy disembarkation.  (Barring any delays with the authorities.)

For a visual perspective:

I took this pic whilst standing on the port access road.  The building to the right is the terminal and where you will exit.

AF46F8CF-6716-41EC-84E9-BA7523EAD856.thumb.jpeg.814bdce256a9e565c84e499f5729e803.jpeg

This pic was taken from our balcony on the morning of departure.  You can see the ship transfer coaches waiting for the passengers to disembark.  It is an easy in-and-out for them to the main road.

2B5CCC67-971B-42B1-98DA-3B3C9D365DAF.thumb.jpeg.a771ae0152c92ec6e80f3a5559d7f9b2.jpeg