In Suite Babysitter - Celebrity Equinox

FastN.Curious

Hello! I understand that in room babysitting is available for guests who book the Retreat rooms, which we are. 

I haven't been able to find any reviews of actual parents who have used this service. Celebrity said you can book 24hrs in advance for babysitting service. For the parents who have used this service was this the case? And what was it like? Do they actually read to your child and put them to sleep? Or would you have to make sure your child was already in bed when the babysitter comes? My little one is 3 years old - will almost by 4 by the time we cruise in the Fall. 

Thanks in advance!

This would be the first I heard of it since Covid. Previous to Covid it was available to all rooms at a rate of $19/hr. We had used it  and then they limited to suites which we usually sail in and the process was the same. You have to request in advance because they typically find 2 staff members, sometimes an officer who will be in the room at all times with your child(children). These staff members take these opportunities for the extra pay which is why you have to request in advance also, they can’t always find 2 available and willing  individuals. 

As far as what they do with your children that is up to you and them. They will read to them, play with them, let them watch tv, can take them to leave the room if you give them permission. Our sons (3.5 and 7) now live to go to the kids club but our experience with in room babysitting was always great. They always appreciate a tip as well.

• Like 1

Have a read of this 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-with-a-toddler

however it also suggest eating in the buffet because of the ‘huge selection of food ‘ which we know is no longer true 

You may find it isn’t actually available but won’t know till you board 

Edited by CruiseCrew123
  • Haha 1