Need help with port times

SECdawg

I am fairly new to NCL and I have a question about the port times on our NCL Star cruise in May. We are doing the British Isles cruise. When I look at excursions on the app, it has the following statement:

Due to security reasons all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing. Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking.

Are they talking about the initial embarkation at the start of the cruise and disembarkation at the end of the cruise or about each port? We are wanting to book private tours and it says we will be there 7am to 7pm. Not sure if those hours are when we can plan on going ashore or if we need to deduct 2 hours from each time. I know that with the other cruise lines I sail  all aboard is 30 minutes before sail time in ports of call.

Thanks for any insight!

Yes.  Initial and final.  At port stops you will be able to get off the ship within an hour of docking and "all aboard time" is normally 30 min prior to sailing time. Just make sure you take a quick look at the sign as you get off the ship and make sure your watch is on "ships time".  Not often, but I have seen ships time and local time differ.