Winter Storm Iggy and Southwest

RCmommy

We fly On Friday after lunch from DTW to HOU.  Southwest is flagging our flights with a possible weather advisory.  Detroit obviously.  We can change our flight but I’m not sure we need to.  We are flying Friday and sail Saturday so it would be a big oops if the weather does come.  

however,  I have been watching The Weather Network and I’m not seeing anything major for DTW.  Am I missing something?  

8 hours ago, RCmommy said:

We fly On Friday after lunch from DTW to HOU.  Southwest is flagging our flights with a possible weather advisory.  Detroit obviously.  We can change our flight but I’m not sure we need to.  We are flying Friday and sail Saturday so it would be a big oops if the weather does come.  

however,  I have been watching The Weather Network and I’m not seeing anything major for DTW.  Am I missing something?  

As in tomorrow? Yeah, it looks like Northern Michigan/UP are going to get hit with snow/ice, but Detroit is just rain, and even that's mostly today. The advisory is for today and tomorrow and covers most of the Midwest (including Kansas City, where I currently am, and can tell you not much is going on weather wise other than cold rain and snow that isn't sticking), so I'm not sure. 

If you can share your flight number, I can look up where your aircraft would be coming from so you can keep an eye on their weather too. Also, as far as I know, there's no nonstop DTW-HOU on Southwest, so keep an eye on whatever city you're stopping in (either it be a change of aircraft or just a direct one stop flight). 

We are flight # 833/1489.   Leaving 2:25pm and arriving HOU at 8:45pm. Stopover in Nashville.  I can switch it to flight #1171/211. Leaving at 11:35am and arriving HOU at 3:05pm. Stopover in St. Louis.

30 minutes ago, RCmommy said:

We are flight # 833/1489.   Leaving 2:25pm and arriving HOU at 8:45pm. Stopover in Nashville.  I can switch it to flight #1171/211. Leaving at 11:35am and arriving HOU at 3:05pm. Stopover in St. Louis.

I'll preface this by saying Southwest swaps their planes around a lot...perks of having 750+ aircraft that are almost identical. 

As of now, the aircraft planned for both legs look fine as far as places they're scheduled to pass through today and tomorrow. Of course, always subject to change, but I would just keep what you have.