Price of wine of Grand Princess

46 minutes ago, Jensue9 said:

I hope you don’t mind me asking this question here, it just didn’t seem with making a new topic. We are cruising next year on crown princess world cruise and trying to decide between the cheapest pricing or princess plus. Can someone please give me a rough idea on how much a glass of wine might be? A gin and tonic? 

Wines by the glass are $14-$29. There are about nine wines in the $14-$17 range but most of these wines are very basic  - essentially De Bortoli cask wines.

Gins are $12-$15 including tonic.

Will you want internet during your cruise? If so then definitely go for the Plus fare. Internet has now gone up to about $38pp per day. The Plus fare upgrade is still only $65pp per day. One G&T and a glass of wine and essentially you've covered the cost. Also the drinks package under Plus includes espresso-based coffees, bottled water, cocktails and mocktails, beers,y juices and soft drinks.

If you are unlikely to want internet then it's a harder decision to make.

36 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Wines by the glass are $14-$29. There are about nine wines in the $14-$17 range but most of these wines are very basic  - essentially De Bortoli cask wines.

Gins are $12-$15 including tonic.

Will you want internet during your cruise? If so then definitely go for the Plus fare. Internet has now gone up to about $38pp per day. The Plus fare upgrade is still only $65pp per day. One G&T and a glass of wine and essentially you've covered the cost. Also the drinks package under Plus includes espresso-based coffees, bottled water, cocktails and mocktails, beers,y juices and soft drinks.

If you are unlikely to want internet then it's a harder decision to make.

Thank you so much for this info and for info

you made on another topic on whether gratuities are included in princess plus fare as I have been very confused as some say yes and some say no. You’ve explained it well. It seems it’s just us kiwis and aussies that it’s not included. I have to say I have t found the princess ta all that helpful sadly considering how much you are spending when doing a full world cruise. 
anyway thanks so much once again it really helps with the planning. 

51 minutes ago, Jensue9 said:

Thank you so much for this info and for info

you made on another topic on whether gratuities are included in princess plus fare as I have been very confused as some say yes and some say no. You’ve explained it well. It seems it’s just us kiwis and aussies that it’s not included. I have to say I have t found the princess ta all that helpful sadly considering how much you are spending when doing a full world cruise. 
anyway thanks so much once again it really helps with the planning. 

Look under the Roll Calls forum for the roll call for your world cruise. You'll get plenty of tips there. We're doing this year's world cruise which starts late April. There will probably be a world cruise thread started here close to the departure dates so you can ask questions there as well.

Unfortunately Princess doesn't have great phone support, and our region has got some differences that most of the call centre staff don't understand, particularly things like gratuities.