Where to start with insurance? Annual or per trip?

Hi Steve:

I've never purchased trip insurance before, but after family members had accident and illness interrupt their cruises, I need to rethink this. Also--we have four cruises planned in the next 18 month-three of those in Europe. And finally, as we are getting older we have to be more prepared than we have been in the past.

We are 6 family/friends (3 couples) and most of us are retired. My hubby & I are 68 & 66 respectively and live in Florida--both w Medicare as primary & have secondary. My brother & sister-in-law are 65 and 63, he is on Medicare, she has medical through employment and they live in Florida.. Third couple are 62 & almost 62, both retired with medical through former employer and live in NJ. 

What is right for us? We plan on traveling together as much as we can over the next few years. Should we all get annual policies? For an 11 night cruise from Norway to London, Viking wanted nearly $900 per couple--and I am pretty sure it wasn't a really comprehensive policy. Our TA offered an Allianz policy for $667 a couple for same trip. 

We all recognize that with age, health and traveling to Europe we need insurance. We just don't know where to start! HELP!! Thanks for any assistance you can offer!!

1 hour ago, brzymom said:

Hi Steve:

I've never purchased trip insurance before, but after family members had accident and illness interrupt their cruises, I need to rethink this. Also--we have four cruises planned in the next 18 month-three of those in Europe. And finally, as we are getting older we have to be more prepared than we have been in the past.

We are 6 family/friends (3 couples) and most of us are retired. My hubby & I are 68 & 66 respectively and live in Florida--both w Medicare as primary & have secondary. My brother & sister-in-law are 65 and 63, he is on Medicare, she has medical through employment and they live in Florida.. Third couple are 62 & almost 62, both retired with medical through former employer and live in NJ. 

What is right for us? We plan on traveling together as much as we can over the next few years. Should we all get annual policies? For an 11 night cruise from Norway to London, Viking wanted nearly $900 per couple--and I am pretty sure it wasn't a really comprehensive policy. Our TA offered an Allianz policy for $667 a couple for same trip. 

We all recognize that with age, health and traveling to Europe we need insurance. We just don't know where to start! HELP!! Thanks for any assistance you can offer!!

Hi brzymom,

I haven't found an Annual Trip Cancellation plan that is good enough for me to sell due to their plan limitations with what's needed to cover the changes in travel since Covid started.

I'm happy to discuss this with you in detail if you want to call me at 1-888-407-3854.

Steve Dasseos

Edited by iamtrustworthy
typo
  • Like 1