Azamara Quest Youtube Review, Good but some pretty awful!!

Hammer61

On 1/21/2023 at 4:06 AM, oddjob16 said:

The review was too long to bother watching,- however I got the essentials and obviously there is a problem at the head of guest relations. We sailed with Quest in october and didn't have an issue with GR on that cruise. She is newly appointed as GR Manager and has previously worked in different roles onboard, including the Spa as a therapist and manager. Maybe a new post is imminent?

It wasn’t just about the internet packages. They hit very rough seas & water was getting into their cabin. They were moved to another cabin & essentially abandoned there. When they went to check on when they could get back to their original cabin, they were given the run-around. The captain didn’t seem to care about running the ship through the high seas either, which was a complete change from the captain on the Pursuit who re-routed us a couple of times to avoid the Drake Shake. Their concerns are valid.

• Like 4

On 1/27/2023 at 8:59 AM, Hammer61 said:

And from what they said, Azamara agreed the issues raised were unacceptable and the complaints raised are true and they will be addressing the issues raised, Paul and Carol also said the food and service they had on the Quest is amongst the best they have ever had (well maybe not GR!!) and happy with the way Azamara are handling things. 

That to me is a big positive for Azamara, admitting things were done badly and now working to fix them.

7 hours ago, KFinTx said:

It wasn’t just about the internet packages. They hit very rough seas & water was getting into their cabin. They were moved to another cabin & essentially abandoned there. When they went to check on when they could get back to their original cabin, they were given the run-around. The captain didn’t seem to care about running the ship through the high seas either, which was a complete change from the captain on the Pursuit who re-routed us a couple of times to avoid the Drake Shake. Their concerns are valid.

I’m so pleased that their concerns have been heard and addressed. That’s the sort of response everyone hopes for when they have a problem.

• Like 6

We were on the quest over the summer. The food was excellent, the service was also excellent, but I agree with the poster of the video, the front desk staff was horrible. We were in a suite and are discoverer plus. The benefits are now combinable where they were not previously. They told us we were only entitled to one bag of laundry and X number of Internet minutes. The front desk manager and agents kept telling us we were wrong. I pulled it up on my iPad and took a snapshot of the Azamara web page. I took it to them and they said it was wrong. The benefits were also listed in the book in the cabin and I brought the entire book down to them and they also said the book was wrong. Seriously? We finally had to go to the hotel manager who was able to resolve the issue. I just don’t understand if you bring them proof from their own webpage and from the book inside the cabin, why do they tell you that you’re wrong and expect you to just walk away.  We had a similar issue, when cruising first started again, and we took a cruise in February last year.  We expected that it would be resolved by the end of the summer. It was not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1