MedallionNet and Kindle Fire Compatibility

Times Prince

1 hour ago, Times Prince said:

The big difference here appears to be that the MedallionNet feature needs to be purchased using the Medallion App, whereas in the past it was enabled/purchased using one's initial login from a device being used to access the Internet. 

Pre-cruise Internet can digitally only be purchased via the App as it can no longer be purchased via a web browser as in the past. It can also be purcashed pre-cruise by calling Princess.

I think (but am not sure) that once on the ship, you can purchase Internet via a web browser when you first try to sign in to the Internet.

18 hours ago, caribill said:
On 1/22/2023 at 8:44 AM, mtnesterz said:

Kindle Fire is Android based, open source. Anyone with sufficient resources, like Amazon, can put an overlay over it. What works, or doesn't, on Android, would be the same for Kindle Fire. As far as WiFi on the ship, meaning email and such, just log on as you would any other. It must be said you would need to buy service. You no longer receive free Platinium/Elite minutes.

The question at hand is the Medallion App. The problem is how to get it from the Play Store.

Here is a thread with instructions:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2773853-princess-medallion-app-for-amazon-kindle-fire-tablet/

Thanks for the reference.  Although I was able to load the Google Play Store on my older Kindle Fire 7 (OS 5.7) when I attempted to access the MedallionClass App, Play Store says "This app won't work for your device" and will not download it.  As a check I downloaded a game which Amazon had deprecated with an "OS upgrade" and it works fine.  Not sure if I want to try it with my newer Kindle 8.

Edited by Times Prince
clarification

• 2 weeks later...