Random questions about upcoming Voyager of the Seas trip

19 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Thank you. This is the “better coffee”?

if I wanted coffee earlier would that be self serve at buffet?

Yes, that is for the better coffee.  I think there is coffee in the urns at Cafe Promenade pretty much 24-7

Windjammer does not open until 7 on most shis. So the only place to get coffee early is from the urns at Cafe Promenade

On 1/26/2023 at 10:31 AM, c-leg5 said:

I can’t think of anything there that hasn’t re-opened

you have been so helpful both on this page and on my questions for Costa Maya on the port pages.

Cozumel is a "me problem."  Our first time there we went to Playa Mia and we found the sand to be very disappointing.  It was sharper and coarser than any other sand we'd ever experienced, and it made our beach time less pleasant than any other time.  We like to bury each other, hunker in for castles, etc.  My second time in Coz I went to Nachi Cocum and again was miserable about the sand.  I swore I'd never go to Coz again.... and  the next year a great rate for a cruise had me back there!  This time I did a lot of research and ended up taking a more costly excursion to the north end of the island to Isla Pasion and had a marvelous experience with that beach.  It was not the coarse sand as the west side.

I was 100% aiming for a trip to Coz this time around to revisit the beach club AND then it turns out RCCL doesn't partner with them.  It is much too far from the port for me to just go on our own.

I still haven't figured out Costa Maya, but may end up at Krazy Lobster based on what is being suggested on that post.

I am curious when you are going.  I'm doing the same cruise but on a later date (Feb 2024).  Beverage packages can't be purchased for mine.  

Have you done Snuba before?  Maybe skip the beach in Cozumel and do that.  It is like snorkeling only your mouthpiece has an air-hose that goes to a machine on the surface.  We done Snuba in Destin, FL, and really enjoyed it.  We'll have DD's friend with us that isn't certified to dive.  So I'm thinking we'll do that in Cozumel. 

Also, if the problem is your feet on the sand, there are dive booties that can protect your feet.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

am curious when you are going. 

we are doing May 2023

we like to literally play in the sand. Sit right in it and make castles, etc. Bury mom….   

for the fun of it, I just googled “Cozumel sand coarse” and many CC threads come up with similar questions. It’s nice to know my quirks aren’t completely out there!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

you have been so helpful both on this page and on my questions for Costa Maya on the port pages.

Cozumel is a "me problem."  Our first time there we went to Playa Mia and we found the sand to be very disappointing.  It was sharper and coarser than any other sand we'd ever experienced, and it made our beach time less pleasant than any other time.  We like to bury each other, hunker in for castles, etc.  My second time in Coz I went to Nachi Cocum and again was miserable about the sand.  I swore I'd never go to Coz again.... and  the next year a great rate for a cruise had me back there!  This time I did a lot of research and ended up taking a more costly excursion to the north end of the island to Isla Pasion and had a marvelous experience with that beach.  It was not the coarse sand as the west side.

I was 100% aiming for a trip to Coz this time around to revisit the beach club AND then it turns out RCCL doesn't partner with them.  It is much too far from the port for me to just go on our own.

I still haven't figured out Costa Maya, but may end up at Krazy Lobster based on what is being suggested on that post.

We're doing this same sailing in December and I had looked into Isla Pasion while looking at all the options for Coz, I thought I remembered some independent companies out there offering excursions to Isla Pasion. You can set up an excursion with a company not connected to RCCL on your own so you don't have to try to rent a car and drive it yourself. At least that's what I thought, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1