Amber Cove, not a beach or snorkel day. Zipline or Falls instead?

marci4tony

We have been to DR before; we docked at La Romana, and did one of the best tours of our cruising life there.  But as I research AC, I'm not finding many beaches or snorkeling options.  On the north side of the island, the water appears to be rough, and murky in many beach areas.  Not ideal for snorkeling.  Also heard that the northside coral is bleached, and not much to see underwater.  Bummer.  But there appears to be some amazing zip lining opportunities.  Has anyone done the Zip over the ocean?  Can't tell if it is only "one" zip.  The falls seem very similar to Dunns Falls in Jamaica, but if anyone has falls information, I would appreciate that as well.

Cheers!

~Marci - Carnival Celebration

I haven’t done the zip line in amber cove but we did the waterfalls. It felt very different from Dunn’s River. We went through Carnival cause of my anxiety if going too far from port and getting cheated out of $550 for a cancelled private excursion in june 2020. The Carnival 

description said the bus load would be divided into two smaller groups. Once there it was decided there wasn’t enough time for that. It was so crowded.  I think it could be a great excursion thru a private company. I’m going to try to add a few videos. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't answer your question either but I thought I would let you know that Amber Cove has a nice port area with a huge pool, swim up bar, water slides and a zip lining area that is only $20 for unlimited zip lining. They also have a sky bar with food and drinks.  So if zip lining is on your radar, you don't even have to leave the port area.