HAL Dining

Zagqwest

Just booked the 14 day Alaska criuse on HAL. When doing my booking I don't believe I was given a dining option and my confirmation says Anytime. I am assuming that traditional is still available? Do I have to wait until onboard to switch if so?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The better place for all the Holland America info you will ever need is here, the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Holland America:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/103-holland-america-line/

How did you book this cruise? If possible, go back to that and see if you can add a request for traditional dining. If not, you can fix it when you board the ship.

15 hours ago, Zagqwest said:

Just booked the 14 day Alaska criuse on HAL. When doing my booking I don't believe I was given a dining option and my confirmation says Anytime. I am assuming that traditional is still available? Do I have to wait until onboard to switch if so?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Do come on over to the board Bruce linked.

Check your confirmation email header for a Personal Cruise Consultant (name and extension number), or call 1-800-355-3017 and stay on to the final "Speak with a person" choice and ask to be assigned a PCC. 

Assuming that traditional (early or late) is available may not be valid! As a firm HAL fan, I have to say that dining-room seating on Holland America is a zoo. Ask to be wait-listed for the time you want if it is full.

Edited by crystalspin

19 hours ago, Zagqwest said:

Ditto what others said, but I bet that if you call (after being on hold for a lifetime) you can choose early or late booking.