Carnival Pride - May 9th, 2004 - Review, Part 11 FINAL PART (Long)

marklodi

Hi Tinydancer, thanks for the compliment!

Answering your question from the other thread regarding when do you find out about an unexpected upgrade - you find out your final room assignment (especially for Guarantee categories) when you check-in.

Mark ºoº

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Visit our Webshots Gallery

Hello Mark. I really enjoyed your cruise diary. I bet this will not be your last cruise! It sure brought back memories when you described each ports of call.

I have cruised on the Elation 1998( I think), Destiny 2000 and Elation 2002. Greg Kneale was the CD on all the cruises. I saw the Bedtime Story-3 times. It takes talent to perform this show over and over and still make it seem fresh and invigorating. Both times on the Elation, it was the Mexican Rivera and the Destiny, it was the Western Caribbean.

keep up the good words!

D

Hello Mark. I wanted to mention I caught Greg Kneale working with a band from the Philippines(versatile and fun group) on the cruises. He did a really great job performing Beatles songs and the dance floor was full when he was singing. He was really enjoying himself!

When did you say he was going on vacation and when is his next tour of cruise duty?

D

Hi Diane,

Thanks! As for when Greg is going on vacation, I'm not really sure. I think he said he was going in a few weeks, but he might have said a few months. Regardless, he said after his 6-week vacation, he would be coming back to the Pride, no matter what.

And for the Pride, that's a very, very good thing! icon_biggrin.gif

Mark ºoº

Here's Part 11

D & L

Sensation 4/2001

Victory 12/2001

Spirit 12/10/2002

Zuiderdam 5/7/2003

Legend 12/7/2003

Pride 5/9/2004

Royal Caribbean - Radiance of the Seas - 10/24/04

Celebrity Constellation - 4/9/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

West to East thru the Canal on the Radiance ots

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;04;09;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Visiting the Southern Carib on the Constellation

Although I too found your reviews intersting, why did you write so much? I have to confess, I skimmed through much of them - I didn't have the patience to read through everything - way too much detail.

But those I did read had lots of excellent information. Thanks for the enormous effort.

Suzi

05 July 2004 Monarch of the Seas

21 November 2004 Carnival Pride

20 February 2005 Mariner of the Seas CC Group Cruise

Mark, great reviews. I usually enjoyed them in the morning before work with my coffee. Missed the daily installment now lol.

Glad you had a great time and thanks for taking the time to do up such great reviews. We got hooked on the art auctions as well on our cruise and ended up with 2 pieces. I also found myself laughing at your fear of "pup tenting" during the couples massage as it was a fear I had too.

Have you started planning the 2nd cruise yet? It took me about 10 days back before I started searching out our next cruise.

Thanks again

Carnival Legend 02/04

Our Cruise Pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/stevencindy

Actually, it will probably be a while until we cruise again...but only because of $, not because we don't want to! If we had the money, we'd be back tomorrow.

Right now we're looking at December 2005 for our next cruise. Although I would LOVE to find a way to afford to go back (on the Pride in particular) to visit Greg and the rest of the staff later this year. Take the kids this time and really just have a great time.

Sigh...here's hoping for a monetary miracle. icon_smile.gif

Mark ºoº

submit those pictures in the contest and you may win a free cruise. Send them your story and maybe they will reward you with something. You know the drill Mark...jump up and down, shake hands, hoot and hollar and you get rewarded. Send them all your pictures including Greg's in his tutu...send them (Carnival) your review at length telling them how much you really loved their cruise line and maybe, just maybe they will reward you AGAIN...

d & l

Sensation 4/2001

Victory 12/2001

Spirit 12/10/2002

Zuiderdam 5/7/2003

Legend 12/7/2003

Pride 5/9/2004

Royal Caribbean - Radiance of the Seas - 10/24/04

Celebrity Constellation - 4/9/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

West to East thru the Canal on the Radiance ots

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;04;09;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Visiting the Southern Carib on the Constellation

• 2 months later...

Bernie, do a search for threads started by marklodi, and they'll pull up. The spelling will be a little funky because when the computer system was changed recently it couldn't bring over all the apostrophies etc. Doesn't matter, I was on the cruise with Mark and believe me the reviews are accurate and extemely informative and I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Mark sent me his entire review in word format so I could keep it. Anyone who would like a copy is welcome to E-mail me at kajsb@aol.com. Please indicate cruisecritic in the subject so I know it is not spam. Mark's review is a great travel guide for anyone sailing on the Pride.

Archived