Puerto Rico Green Transportation

jk04

We just returned from a wonderful cruise with our family last week that included San Juan.  We booked a custom private tour with Puerto Rico Green Transporation for 5 hours for our Son, Daughter-in-Law, and Granddaughter just for them as family time.  We requested a Lexus SUV so the kids would have room to bring a little extra plus our DIL's camera equipment.  I thought the hourly rate was very reasonable and there was a charge for the Tour Guide.  Tip was not included in the amount.  

48 Hours prior to arrival, a pre-authorization was put on my credit card plus an additional three hours of service as a Refundable Security Deposit.  This allows them to easily extend the tour if they wanted.  Once the tour is complete, the final amount is actually charged, and any hold released.  The kids only used 4 hours because the last hour they had the driver drop them off at a local restaurant for dinner.  This allowed the driver to go home early although the kids offered to buy his meal.  The cost of the tour was adjusted for that hour, even though I wasn't expecting that.

The Driver/Tour Guide was a gentleman named Roberto.  We actually met him first when we got off the ship because they went in the non-excursion line, and he was standing at the end of the excursion line.  He was waiting with a sign with my Son's name, very nice guy.  The kids thought he was fantastic and had a great tour of San Juan.  Roberto is very knowledgeable of the area and the history, and they really enjoyed themselves.  DIL loves to learn about history and just soaked everything up while taking pictures.

One place he took them is a memorial wall for locals that lost their lives in war.  I don't know if they are altogether, but my son found the one for Iraq, he did two tours there.  One of the guys in his unit was from San Juan and in his Humvee when they hit an IED.  Unfortunately, when he was trying to exit the vehicle, he took rounds and didn't survive.  Roberto was very surprised my son new someone on the wall.  It was a moving moment for all of them.

We were very pleased with the service from Green and would recommend them to anyone looking for something a little different to do in San Juan. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 9:08 PM, jk04 said:

We just returned from a wonderful cruise with our family last week that included San Juan.  We booked a custom private tour with Puerto Rico Green Transporation for 5 hours for our Son, Daughter-in-Law, and Granddaughter just for them as family time.  We requested a Lexus SUV so the kids would have room to bring a little extra plus our DIL's camera equipment.  I thought the hourly rate was very reasonable and there was a charge for the Tour Guide.  Tip was not included in the amount.  

48 Hours prior to arrival, a pre-authorization was put on my credit card plus an additional three hours of service as a Refundable Security Deposit.  This allows them to easily extend the tour if they wanted.  Once the tour is complete, the final amount is actually charged, and any hold released.  The kids only used 4 hours because the last hour they had the driver drop them off at a local restaurant for dinner.  This allowed the driver to go home early although the kids offered to buy his meal.  The cost of the tour was adjusted for that hour, even though I wasn't expecting that.

The Driver/Tour Guide was a gentleman named Roberto.  We actually met him first when we got off the ship because they went in the non-excursion line, and he was standing at the end of the excursion line.  He was waiting with a sign with my Son's name, very nice guy.  The kids thought he was fantastic and had a great tour of San Juan.  Roberto is very knowledgeable of the area and the history, and they really enjoyed themselves.  DIL loves to learn about history and just soaked everything up while taking pictures.

One place he took them is a memorial wall for locals that lost their lives in war.  I don't know if they are altogether, but my son found the one for Iraq, he did two tours there.  One of the guys in his unit was from San Juan and in his Humvee when they hit an IED.  Unfortunately, when he was trying to exit the vehicle, he took rounds and didn't survive.  Roberto was very surprised my son new someone on the wall.  It was a moving moment for all of them.

We were very pleased with the service from Green and would recommend them to anyone looking for something a little different to do in San Juan. 🙂

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm thinking of using them for airport transportation - to/from hotel and cruise port.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I used them in April to pick me up from the airport and then the next day to take me to the pier. I would definitely recommend them. Nice cars (Tesla), nice drivers and reliable pick up/drop off. They will pick you up outside of baggage claim at the airport. It was nice to have reliable transportation.