Queen Elizabeth Mahjong

Josephine Ellis

mahjong !    No I'm afraid unlike the bridge tournaments  Cunard don't offer offer mahjong sessions (unlike Seabourn) However, I have occasionally noticed guests getting together with other like minded folk and arranging their own sessions.

It's very easy to arranged an un hosted mahjong session , the entertainment  department will place a notice in the onboard daily program for you to meet up with other passengers who may interested.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Josephine Ellis said:

Thank you - do you know if they actually have mahjong sets on board? Full-size sets are quite heavy to pack.

I have a set and yes, mine's heavy too. Mind you, the cobwebs around it might have added to the weight! 🙂

Could I make a suggestion? Little Fish is presently sailing QE. Why not pose a question to her on the QE Hull Cleaning thread? She might be able to ask ''someone'' for you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

I'm afraid I don't . I'll try and find out for you as I have friends and family onboard QM2 at the moment . 

I've just had a reply from the Entertainment department , Yes Cunard do have mahjong sets onboard the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Josephine Ellis said:

Wonderful - I hope they are the “Western” ones that have the numbers on the tiles, and not just the Chinese characters - I can manage 1-3 but get lost above that. Similarly with the NSEW winds. I can look forward to some fun mahjong time now 👍

They might be dual. My [Chinese] set has both Western letters/numbers and Chinese characters. Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Josephine Ellis said:

Wonderful - I hope they are the “Western” ones that have the numbers on the tiles, and not just the Chinese characters - I can manage 1-3 but get lost above that. Similarly with the NSEW winds. I can look forward to some fun mahjong time now 👍

Yes , apparently they have both . 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...