Sapphire Beach and Megan's Bay - St. Thomas

mnsawyer

I've been to Sapphire Beach, never to Magen's Bay so I can really only speak to the former. I do know Magen's has an admission charge, where Sapphire doesn't. Sapphire Beach is GORGEOUS, and you are allowed free access to the resort's public areas (rest rooms, restaurant, and beach bar). The water is incredibly clear. They don't rent umbrellas but there are many, many shade trees along the edge of the beach so it's not an issue. I believe lounge chairs were 6 bucks per. There are pix in the link below our signature if you are interested.

B.

Ship_at_island.gif

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember

These moments are shared, by few

And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view

We’ll bid our farewells much too soon

So drink it up, this one’s for you -

Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."

-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

Bob and Karen: Thanks so much for the information. I also reviewed your photos...they are great. I see you did Godfrey's tour and looks like you had lots of stops. It seems like everyone recommends him highly. Did you feel it was worth the $20? You can't get much for a tour for $20, right?? Did you purchase any food or drinks at Sapphire? Just trying to get an idea of menu and pricing.

$20.00 tour using Godfrey - shopping downtown. 2 hour island tour then 2 hours for swimming/snorlking. I think Godfreys tour costs just as much as a round trip taxi from somewhere.

Godfreys was the best 20 bucks we spend on a tour.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

We are not interested in shopping.can we do Godfrey if we only want a tour and Sapphire Beach?????

My name is Cathy and I am a member of O.A.T.C.(Openly Addicted to Cruising) and I suffer from P.C.D. (Post Cruise Depression)

Doric 1979

Statendam 1980

Norway 1981

Atlantic 1982

Independence 1983

Tropicale 1985

Jubilee 1986

Atlantic 1988

Celebration 1989

Destiny 1997

Disney Magic 1998

Paradise 2000

Sensation 2001

Sensation 2002

Triumph 2003

Coming soon..Navigator of the Seas 8/14/04

Carnival Valor 7/24/2005

We were with Godfrey last week. He will pick you up at 9,10 or 11 am at the ship and take you into town for shopping.If you don't want to shop, I would ask him if he could pick you up close to noon. Then at noon he will start the tour at a prearraged spot in town. The tour of the island takes aprox. 2 hours. After the tour you have the choice of beaches to go to. We decidec to try Sapphire beach as Megan's Bay was crowded. It was a good choice. And yes you can use the pool. But the water is crystal clear. Snorkel equipment is available if you like to rent. We just enjoyed the beach.We purchased 2 cheesebergers,coke,and beer for $23.00. As for the tour it was the best $20.00 I spent.

When I was at Sapphire in April, the pool definitely had a sign that said it was for resort guests only.

Maybe you could sneak in but the Carnival towels would be a big giveaway.

Sovereign of the Seas (11/89)

Monarch of the Seas (8/99)

Norwegian Sea (7/02)

Carnival Glory (4/17/04)

Carnival Glory (12/25/04)

Archived