Luau suggestions on Oahu - Pre-cruise?

greatnitz

Looking for recommendations for a pre-cruise luau somewhere on Oahu.  We will have a car to get around so location on the island is not important.   It will be just be myself and my wife so no need for any sort of luau targeting families or kids.

Thanks!

Darren

My favorite current luau is Experience Nutridge. It is smaller and more intimate than others and less cheesy. After that look at the luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the luau at the International Market Place, both are in Waikiki.

The Chief's Luau and Paradise Cove are popular, but they are out in Kapolei. There is no need to go that far.

• 2 weeks later...

Darren, when is your cruise? We've booked Experience Nutridge for June 16, based on the recommendations here and many positive reviews on sites like Trip Advisor. If you're sailing after us, I'll be happy to circle back and post a review.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Not a luau.Not worth the cost.

Agree with Scott here-- its more of a modern interpretation, the food is very ok (and its pre plated so you don't have choice like you do at others), and it is breathtakingly expensive for what you get. Far, far better values on more traditional luaus than the show they put on at the Royal Hawaiian. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Agree with Scott here-- its more of a modern interpretation, the food is very ok (and its pre plated so you don't have choice like you do at others), and it is breathtakingly expensive for what you get. Far, far better values on more traditional luaus than the show they put on at the Royal Hawaiian. 

Thanks for your comments. And I’m going to enjoy every minute of it!

• 4 weeks later...

My DH is retired U.S. Navy so we love going to the Hale Koa Luau. It isn't 'the best', but we loved our days in the Navy (which took us to Hawaii in 1958) so we love being around the young military families.

We've also done the Royal Hawaiian show and didn't like anything about it. The food wasn't Hawaiian, it wasn't a luau atmosphere and it was priced higher than the best restaurant on Oahu. We really regretted going.

We have also done Paradise Cove, which we liked and The Chief's Luau, but not since they moved to Ko Olina. We saw it at SeaLife Park.

Edited by 93yearsyoung