Queen Elizabeth deck 8 cabins—any noise from Lido?

maybealexislost

Hello all,

Would love any/all guidance or intel on this:  having watched many a "cruise insiders' top tips" YouTube video, I've had it drilled into my head that the "best" cabins to choose to best avoid noise issues are those with another deck of cabins both above and below them. With this in mind, I'd originally booked a suite on deck 7 of the Queen Elizabeth for a Japan—Alaska voyage coming up this summer, but was just offered a category upgrade which I took... only to realize I'd now be on deck 8 (midships) right below an entrance to the Lido Restaurant.

Has anyone with a cabin on deck 8 experienced much noise or foot traffic coming from the restaurant areas above?  I should note my husband and I are New Yorkers, so we're used to folks stomping about in apartments around us, but we were hoping our vacation might be a change of pace 🙂 Should we be looking to see if we can move back down to deck 7 (or deck 6, even) to be better sandwiched by other rooms above/below, vs. being abutted by communal and dining spaces?

54 minutes ago, maybealexislost said:

Hello all,

Would love any/all guidance or intel on this:  having watched many a "cruise insiders' top tips" YouTube video, I've had it drilled into my head that the "best" cabins to choose to best avoid noise issues are those with another deck of cabins both above and below them. With this in mind, I'd originally booked a suite on deck 7 of the Queen Elizabeth for a Japan—Alaska voyage coming up this summer, but was just offered a category upgrade which I took... only to realize I'd now be on deck 8 (midships) right below an entrance to the Lido Restaurant.

Has anyone with a cabin on deck 8 experienced much noise or foot traffic coming from the restaurant areas above?  I should note my husband and I are New Yorkers, so we're used to folks stomping about in apartments around us, but we were hoping our vacation might be a change of pace 🙂 Should we be looking to see if we can move back down to deck 7 (or deck 6, even) to be better sandwiched by other rooms above/below, vs. being abutted by communal and dining spaces?

I've been in a Q3 cabin midships on QE on deck 8 and don't recall hearing the slightest peep from the Lido above, or any other noise. In contrast, I'm currently on QE in the same position but on deck 5 and it's much noisier. I can hear doors slamming quite frequently; chairs dragging (from where I don't know); and machinery-type noises which I'm guessing must be from 2 decks below such as when they're setting up the gangway in port.

I'll be interested to hear what others report about deck 8 on the QE.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:37 AM, maybealexislost said:

Hello all,

Just to say "Hi" -  I'm also on the Japan/Alaska/Vancouver trip (very excited) and I also chose a deck 7 cabin for the very same reason - balcony in my case, although the upgrade fairy never visited 🙂 .

Hope it all works out for you.

• Like 1