Has NCL discontinued awarding double loyalty points for single cruisers?

flowergirl22

I cruised on the PRIMA (5 nts), solo, in a regular balcony cabin, and paid 100% single supplement.  However, I only received 5 points. I called NCL to inquire, and received the following reply:

Thank you for writing in and choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your vacation at sea.

Kindly note that our rates are based on double occupancy; therefore, if only 1 person is booked into a category that accommodates two or more individuals, the invoiced rate reflects 200% of the cruise fare. However, points will be issued at the end of the cruise equivalent to the number of days sailed regardless of occupancy in the stateroom. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with having the points added to your Latitudes account.

We appreciate this opportunity to address your concerns. We trust that our explanation has shed some light on the matter and hope to one day welcome you, your friends, and your family in exploring the world in the safety and comfort of our amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ships.

19 minutes ago, flowergirl22 said:

Thank you for the reply.  I could have sworn NCL offered the double points for solo’s.  Guess I confused NCL with RCCL.   🤷‍♀️

yes. RCCL is the only one that does double points for solo cruises