Specialty dining credit - 4 item question

ElizaSTN

From what I've read, a SDC can be used for 4 items in certain restaurants - including the Raw Bar on Breakaway.  And at the Raw Bar, a single oyster is considered 1 item.  My question is this:  can 1 person use more than 1 SDC at a 4 item restaurant?  So use 2 SDC to get 8 oysters (or prawns or what have you)?

I realize this is not getting the most "value" out of these credits.  But we love the Haven restaurant and we'll have 4 SDC's per person with FAS+ and not sure we'll want to eat 4 dinners in specialty restaurants.  So a nice lunch at the Raw Bar sounds great - some lobster, some charcuterie, some oysters etc.

Not sure we WILL do this, but just wondering if it's possible if we weren't going to use those extra SDC on a dinner.  

TIA!

I know you can use more than one per day, because we have done it. I would just check with the waitstaff;  or if you’re staying in the Haven, check with the concierge when they call you to book your specialty restaurants before your cruise. I feel they same way about the Haven Dinners; why would I have Filet Mignon and a lobster tail at Cagney’s and pay the up charge; when I could have as many as I want in the Haven Restaurant…. ( yes, I know, first world problem for those that will criticize my post…)

• Like 1

I had my TA speak with ncl directly about how using an SDC in Raw Bar works.  It's ridiculous that one oyster counts as an entree.  The answer is that ncl has no clue how to deal the 1-1-1-1 rule when it comes to Raw Bar, ncl put the policy in place without thinking that through.

Accordingly the advice the ncl rep gave my TA was to be nice and discuss what makes sense to count as an entree directly with the Raw Bar employee.  I'm guessing this has started to come up more and more frequently after ncl's policy has gone into effect.  Maybe the Raw Bar employees are coming up some kind of policy that makes sense for what an entree should be (one dozen oysters say)? $48 for an entree doesn't sound unreasonable when compared to the price of other entrees in the specialty restaurants.

Not a great answer, but better than using two SDC credits for an eight oyster entree.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:28 AM, skeeter195 said:

We were on the Breakaway in the fall and in the raw bar yes it was 4 items.  One item of oysters was considered 6.  Same with clams.  Shrimp, I am not sure how many.

Now that makes much more sense.  Do you remember if it was open for lunch any days or just dinner.  Thanks!!!