Best excursions in Tortola and St. Thomas

grannyshell

Yup, I'm a Cruise Critic newbie. To be fair, part of the problem is that my question was initially posted on the Disney cruise forum and I was looking for feedback from folks who had done the excursions Disney offered on that particular itinerary, however my post got moved here to the St. Thomas/St. John forum, not exactly where I was looking to be.

10 hours ago, grannyshell said:

Could you explain further about Tortola? If we have all day (7:30-5:00) is there a best time of day to go to the Baths, considering we'd do it by going with a local company instead of a ship excursion? Many thanks.

Yes I can give you more info because Tortola is my favorite place. But as mentioned you should pose questions about Tortola and the BVI on that forum…

We were just at The Baths in January as part of a Celebrity cruise excursion from Tortola.  We are going back to Tortola in July with our teen age grandkids as part of a Disney cruise and are determined to take them to The Baths on our own without signing up for an excursion.  Have read about Speedy’s and Sensations Ferry trips… Obviously, a little afraid of “Missing the Boat…” back from Virgin Gorda.   Please alleviate my anxiety.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:48 PM, Ms411 said:

Bluewater, ccheng6401 may have read the many posts on other forums that say renting a vehicle for a day is tough. For St Thomas, I think that information is outdated.

There are so many new rental car agencies on St Thomas now, and most deliver to your location, so day rentals are much easier now. However, I find that only a small fraction of the rental car companies are ever recommended online so people unfortunately don't know about them. And, even the ones that may not be recommended online can give excellent service.

I reached out to a couple rental car companies last month and they both told me that they don't do day rental anymore. Which rental companies do you use in St Thomas?    

14 hours ago, Dave Judy said:

We were just at The Baths in January as part of a Celebrity cruise excursion from Tortola.  We are going back to Tortola in July with our teen age grandkids as part of a Disney cruise and are determined to take them to The Baths on our own without signing up for an excursion.  Have read about Speedy’s and Sensations Ferry trips… Obviously, a little afraid of “Missing the Boat…” back from Virgin Gorda.   Please alleviate my anxiety.

I am considering Celebrity excursion to the Bath too. Did you do the snorkel one or the bus one? Celebrity's port time in Tortola is short and odd. It seems the ship excursion is the easier option. I would love to hear about your Speedy experience after your Disney cruise trip. 🙂 

2 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

I reached out to a couple rental car companies last month and they both told me that they don't do day rental anymore. Which rental companies do you use in St Thomas?    

Did you try All Around Car Rental? This should be their number. They will deliver a car to you. Phone 3406904431.