When to book duomo tickets in Florence? Train time?

Mparker12

Hello,

We will be docked in Livorno on May 22 (Monday) and all ashore is 7 am.  I plan to take the train to Florence train times given are 7:16, 7:30, 7:43, 8:12, etc these are direct trains.  It takes 1 hr 40 minutes to arrive.  I would like to book our Duomo tickets as close to arrival as possible.  Has anyone done this and what time was your timed entry for the duomo?  I want to get in as early as possible,but don’t want to miss my timed entry! Thanks! 

The station is not near the port. You are not going to make the first two trains.  I would set the time for 10:30 to be safe. It's fine if you get there early. There is a lot to see on your way to the Duomo.

7 hours ago, Mparker12 said:

Thank you….why do you think we can’t make first 2 trains? I am curious, but will take your advice and not book anything prior to 10:30.  

The station is 3 miles from from the port. You need a taxi or shuttle there. By the time you walk out of the ship, find a taxi, or load the shuttle bus, get to the station, buy the tickets,  etc, you won't make the first two.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, 

Hope you don't mind me jumping in but I am also planning a trip to Florence. I know we need to catch a shuttle or taxi to the train station, which is preferable? 
Can we buy a ticket when we get to the train station or will it be better to buy it in advance? I like to do things ahead of time but I don't want to be stressing about missing the train!

Also, would really like to visit the Accademia-again tickets in advance or at the door?
Thank you SOOOO much in advance

Pam